Quality bike accessory site

darwin

Local time
11:35 AM
Hey folks I just was stuck at a store because my cheap++++ master combo cable lock took a dump on me. I was there an hour and finally got it open THREW that cheap lock as far as I COULD THROW IT. Anyway I need a site where they sell quality locks and a good convex mirror too. Im tired of people making right turns and almost killing me. Any suggestions................

i want a lock and cable that cannot be cut through. does such a thing exist?

i want a lock and cable that cannot be cut through. does such a thing exist?

since the advent of the super compact, lunchbox size plasma cutters there is virtually no such thing.

there are better and best cable and lock arrangements though. you should consider something that will let you lace both wheels and the frame together AND around some other solid object.

really, the idea is to make the effort and exposure needed to take it higher and longer than punks will dare invest. if you have pro "movers" in your area they WILL get it ,no matter what.

steve

thanks. is there any certain brand, security rating, style, or material i should be looking for, when looking for a better or best lock and cable?

look on places like nashbar; alfred e. bike; niagarabike and the like for both cables and locks.

you can go to any magazine / book shop and find bike and motorcycle periodicals with articles and ads about loss prevention.

anything you find that way will give you a good chance of keeping your stuff.

i must say i really feel for you guys in locations with some much desperation and disrespect. i take my bike all over now and come out to groups of people wanting info about motored bikes. here in the corn and beans belt, people seen even SEEMING to be tampering with stuff run a REAL risk of getting beat senseless by other passersby.

good luck ,
steve

I live in Memphis TN
there are a lot of crooked people around here and a person has to take care to guard a bike. I had a TREK Y-22 full suspension carbon fiber frame bike stolen right out of my driveway. That was my own fault. It will not happen again.

My current anti theft system is a long steel cable that is secured via a large U-lock (the new kind with the flat key) this way I can wind the cable through my frame and wheels then secure it with the U-lock.

I ended up at the niagara site. I was teed this morn being stuck because a cheap lock wouldnt unlock and then almost getting hit on the ride home. I bought a onguard ulock and a onguard cable lock. I have a disc lock thats an onguard for my moto and its pure quality so I figure their bike locks must be the same. I also bought me a mirror so I can see whos behind me even if Im riding on the sidewalk or in the street, I also got a horn for letting folks know Im coming up behind them. Lessons Im learning as I go............. next is a set of lights but moneys tight right now. Its downright dangerous riding at night without a good set of lights. On a bike you need to see all the cracks and rocks or other hazards or your going to take a tumble....rrrrrrg!

Years ago, I had a friend who kept his moped outside, unlocked. One day I looked closely at it. He had taken a 10ft length of home wiring , stripped it back, just stuck it in an outdoor outlet, & had the other ends attached to the moped.

Years ago, I had a friend who kept his moped outside, unlocked. One day I looked closely at it. He had taken a 10ft length of home wiring , stripped it back, just stuck it in an outdoor outlet, & had the other ends attached to the moped.
Ha. That will get YOU arrested and charge with "Lieing in wait to cause bodily harm" nowadays.

My g'father did something similar in Sacramento in the mid 1960's, except he used a Tesla coil to charge the skin of his Oldsmobile to 36,000 volts.

Back