Quality twist throttle?

stringer

Local time
6:59 AM
Has anyone had luck with a good quality twist throttle set? The one that came with the staton kit is pure junk. It keep snagging up, and its made out of communist chinese pot metal.

I would really like to order an all-weather twist throttle with a built in kill switch. But im afraid I dont know which to buy, and im worried about compatability issues. And would I need a cable too? I have a cable for the staton twist, it came installed. My bar is 7/8's.

Any ideas? :D

Not good quality, but here's one I found. Maybe we are stuck with these, unless you buy a replacement ATV thumb throttle.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_35765_35765

Thats the EXACT throttle i have now that came with the staton kit, it feels like junk. The reviews on that site pretty much sum it up ... 1.6/5 stars.

Im looking around now for a good one. Hopefully I can find something. I dont mind being the guinea pig. What about a dirt bike throttle, would that work?

Last edited:
Can anyone elaborate on "straight pull" vs "side pull" throttle kits? I see them both advertised but am unsure which style I need. :confused:

Also, what cable size are you ppl finding to be correct for a 26" mountain bike/rack mount? staton supplied cable is 60". i dont have anything installed at all, but it seems like maybe a 54" would be a good fit?

Last edited:
Back