Quarkdudes 1995 Diamond Back 80cc KingsMotor engine (PICS)

Here is the screamin 1995 Diamond Back Mountain bike with the 4 mods listed on the Newbie page.

Here is another view of the bike. Summer in New Mexico, great riding weather.

Here is the other side. I just noticed that I didn't have the stainless intake or the aftermarket intake cover on at this time. I'll have to take some more pics with the mods on.

Attachments

• 3102_Camera_download_Aug_2006_037_1.jpg
    3102_Camera_download_Aug_2006_037_1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,054
  • 3102_Camera_download_Aug_2006_034_1.jpg
    3102_Camera_download_Aug_2006_034_1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 440
  • 3102_Camera_download_Aug_2006_039_1.jpg
    3102_Camera_download_Aug_2006_039_1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 498
Last edited by a moderator:
good looking build...no chain tensioner, lucky you :)

(be mindful of stretch, it happens pretty quickly & not always evenly)

I tried the chain tensioner and it just kept binding more than I liked, so I took it off. I had to take some links out of the stock chain to get it where it is now. Not too difficult. I was worried about chain stretch also, but I have had no problems with this setup.

augidog said:
good looking build...no chain tensioner, lucky you :)

(be mindful of stretch, it happens pretty quickly & not always evenly)

awesome bike!!! Just to see a bike without the tensioner is like a trophy!!
(all of mine need it for clearance issues)

you can always shim your engine forward as the chain stretches. (thank motorbikemike for that tip 8) )

:D Thanks for all the positive feedback on the bike. Here in Albuquerque, this is the only motorized bike I have seen ( my own ). It would be really cool to see another one here in town. Maybe sometime in the future I might try to build another bike of my own design using a custom built carbon fiber frame. I thought it would look really unique if I could custom make some fairings for the carbon fiber frame idea and have it look something like a Suzuki GSXR but using the 80cc engine as the powerplant. :D

Nice bike

I have a speedometer just like that. What do you have the tire size chosen on yours, and is it set correctly. You know the numbers on calibrating it.

Hello davidsis,
I set the 26 inch tire setting on the speedometer and verified it with a radar speed limit sign we have near my house and they were the exact same number - 27mph on the digital speedometer display and on the radar screen. I tried it at a low speed against the radar, a medium speed and a high speed over 30 mph and it was right on with the radar everytime. I was curious how accurate those magnetic pickup speedometers are - I feel pretty confident now that it is accurate.
................quarkdude

Back