Quarkdude's bike with Boost Bottle installed ( PICS )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered mine yesterday, except whithout thinking I ordered the 80cc bottle, knowing these motors are around 70. I emailed him and hopefully hi will change it out before it gets shipped but I havent gotten a response back yet. If i end up with the 80, what could the effects be?

Does this act as a boost bottle

I have been using boost bottles for two years on our R&D bikes. I think they work great to increase low and mid range speed.As for top end i don't think they do much.The only down side to them are the engine idle.It takes about a minute to a minute and half for the engine idle to come down.It takes a lot of tweeking with the gas/air mixtrue screw to get good engine idle.This is with a one bootle setup.I don't like a two bootle setup.
This may be off topic or maybe not.I installed a CNS carb on a 48cc.It has a small hose going from top of carb to bottom and while running you can see fuel going back and forth inside.Is it possible this is acting as a boost bottle?I've noticed great low to midrange performance.Also the wait on the idle to come down.Can take off with no peddling.Would addition of a boost bottle help even more or maybe hurt.Any advice would be helpful.I'm only into motorized bikes for 4 months now.Getting ready to build third.

This may be off topic or maybe not.I installed a CNS carb on a 48cc.It has a small hose going from top of carb to bottom and while running you can see fuel going back and forth inside.Is it possible this is acting as a boost bottle?I've noticed great low to midrange performance.Also the wait on the idle to come down.Can take off with no peddling.Would addition of a boost bottle help even more or maybe hurt.Any advice would be helpful.I'm only into motorized bikes for 4 months now.Getting ready to build third.

no, that hose is an overflow hose. it will allow fuel to come out if it if the float in the carb ever gets stuck, plus it acts as a vent hose.
If you are seeing fuel go back & forth in this hose, your float is set too high.
You shouldn't ever see fuel in that hose unless there is a problem with the float.
adding a boost bottle is effective on almost any 2 stroke engine as long as it's mounted right, and plumbed into the intake manifold between the engine and the carb.
If you try to plumb the boost bottle to the rear of the carb (like through the air filter) it will not work.

Is it a skateboard wheel?

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=79732&postcount=24
Your post re: boost bottle and roller

How did you cut the groove in the skateboard wheel?

Ps in the photo it looks like your fuel line (boost) is touching the fins. Be careful. I had some plastic fuel line hose that I used for wire wrap, touch the fins: it turned into a hard sticky "hot glue gun" type of mess.

I just installed my 70cc boost bottle following quarkdude's instructions without any problems. I just took the bike out for a spin and found that I really needed to adjust the idle and the carb screw. The bike was practically going at cruising speed with my old idle settings after i tightened the carb screw :) A few adjustments later I've got it working great. I'm getting a lot more power while using a lot less gas too. This was a great addition to the bike. I've attached some pics of my setup. I also used augidog's method for making a new chain roller with bearings. It's much quieter than the plastic piece of **** that came with my kit. I'm probably going to tweak it a little but my chain is tight and quiet now. My ride is a little dirty at the moment. my old loser chain setup got some grease on the wheels. Now that I've got the tuning down I can move on to the aesthetics.

Has anyone used a Paintball air or Co2 cannister?

PS I doubt the bottle is pressurized. I expect it would be in a nearly constant vaccuum and lack therof, in cycles.

Does your bottle seem to hum or make noise?

I did some research on this very topic of using one or two boost bottles. One would assume that 2 boost bottles would be better. The answer is Yes and No. The theory behind the magic of the boost bottle is that the volume of the bottle should be matched OR ever so slightly larger than the volume of the cylinder that it is taking the intake pulse from and storing it. For a Chinese 80cc engine for example, the closest we can get is a 70cc boost bottle from www.boostbottleindustries.com or other suppliers. For the YES part of the answer to using 2 boost bottles you can as long as the 2 boost bottles combined volume equals 70 or 80cc if you are using an 80cc engine. The NO part of the answer is basically if you use 2 boost bottles that have a combined volume larger than the cylinder volume - say an 80cc cylinder with 2 boost bottles combined that equal 150cc. I'm not sure of the effect of over expanding the intake with a boost bottle(s), but everything I have read says to match the cylinder volume with the boost bottle volume.
Some motorcycle manufacturers have used injection molded plastic square boxes attached to the intake as boost bottles. Heck you could even make your own out of a plastic bottled water bottle I would think ( Haven't tried this - experimentation would be at hand ). The boost bottle I used was already engineered and off the shelf ready to buy, so I just bought it in stead of trying to make my own. Hopefully this helps you on using two boost bottles and feeling confindent that it will work. Most people that see boost bottles on your bike think you have Nitrous Oxide - so having 2 boost bottles really ought to start some conversation. Ha ha

it took 4 fricking weeks for it to arrive but its finally here and ive already mounted the boost bottle and wow! what a difference, all the naysayers havent a clue! i dont know bout increased speed and power but man the bottle made a huge difference! everyhting is just so smooth now. my motor fires up easier and quicker and it just purrrs and flows so smoothly...the throttle is buttered now. great mod!

ill post pics too soon. btw i also got an expansion chamber from boostbottleindustries and well im not impressed. the bottle though, its great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back