Quarkdude's bike with Boost Bottle installed ( PICS )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

quarkdude

Here is the Diamond Bike mountain bike with the Boost Bottle installed. There has been some interest on how this thing gets mounted. Here is my representation of how to mount the boost bottle to a mountain bike with an 80cc Chinese engine. This thing sure makes the engine run a lot smoother plus helps the engine rev faster. Boost bottles on this setup do work - you can definitely feel it.
.............quarkdude

Attachments

• BoostRightSideZoom1021x677.JPG
    BoostRightSideZoom1021x677.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 12,829
  • BoostZoom1021x677.JPG
    BoostZoom1021x677.JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 14,113
  • Boostzoom2021x677.JPG
    Boostzoom2021x677.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 9,818
nice lookin setup
does the bottle need to be pressurized?
that is some serious fuel line (no lack of flow there !)
keep an eye on your carb for small carp (no fuel filter)

Hello azkronic, some info on boost bottle function

nice lookin setup
does the bottle need to be pressurized?
that is some serious fuel line (no lack of flow there !)
keep an eye on your carb for small carp (no fuel filter)

The intake pulse that is felt between the cyclinder and the carb when -off the throttle or when the piston is down covering the intake port causes air to try to go back out thru the carburetor - it has no place to go but back out. The boost bottle gives that intake pulse atomized fuel a place to go and be stored ( a little bit of pressure also ) in the momentary condition. Then when the throttle is open, the regular carburetor to intake air fuel mixture + what is stored in the boost bottle is sucked into the engine and you get some what of a supercharger effect. The atomized fuel going into the boost bottle is in a gas ( non liquid form ) so it is easily "digested" by the engine when it comes back out of the boost bottle.
The boost botttle is somewhat pressurized by the intake pulse pressure - but this is all automatic when the engine is running. A person doesn't pressurize the bootle like filling a tire with air.
I have the kit form of a fuel filter inside the gas tank on the inner gas tank part of the fuel petcock valve. I don't have an external fuel filter - maybe it is better to have one, just haven't tried it.
..............Thanks, quarkdude

i just asked about a boost bottle and its the same one u have its like 12 bucks what site did ures from

Haven't heard of these before, sounds like its pretty worth the small price though. Did you have to drill and install the intake for it yourself or can you use one of the pre-drilled intakes they sale on their site?

HI,
Glad to see / hear that it actually works...I have one but have not installed it yet...I did read somewhere that the bottle should be set so as to drain any possible accumulated gasoline (in case the gas vapor mix condenses back to a liquid in the bottle) back into the carb....I suppose a long term test wold be in order?....I'll try to find where I read about that aspect of bottle mounting...
Andrew

does anyone think there is more off a benifit of using two boost bottles cause im ordering one withing the week

Modifying your intake for a boost bottle Chinese 80cc

Haven't heard of these before, sounds like its pretty worth the small price though. Did you have to drill and install the intake for it yourself or can you use one of the pre-drilled intakes they sale on their site?

Do you have a Chinese 49,55,70 or 80cc 2 stroke engine? I looked at the intakes they sell on the site and they are for a different carb and head setup then what are on a Chinese engine. The intakes they sell are for Pocket bike motors. The stock or aftermarket Chromed steel intake for the Chinese engine can be drilled and tapped to accept the 1/8" NPT fitting that is treaded into the intake. The aftermarket chromed steel intake that I have doesn't have a lot of meat to tap into - so you have to be slow and easy when you tap it. But it is enough to get the NPT fitting in and sealed. I also used Loctite thread locker on the fitting to make sure it doesn't back out under vibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back