Question about Staton Hub ??

M

Member 5549

Can you by a 26" wheel from Staton with the Hub allready on it.
There web site has no pics of the wheels...
Would rather buy one from them then go to my Local everything cost $ 1000.00 Bike shop.

They used to offer wheels and had pictures of them on their site, but they appear to have disappeared. They do still seem to offer all of the parts necessary to make up a wheel so I'm sure they must be able to sell you a complete wheel. You should give them a call on Tues. and see what they have to offer?

ocscully

Yes I found the wheels under Chain drive kits, on the bottom of the page there are more page numbers page 2 has pictures....

Unless something has changed you can purchase just a rear hub, hub & rim or the hub laced into the rim. I bought a 48 spoke Ryno Lite double walled rim with the rear hub already installed. It's been perfect and I would recommend getting the finished product from Staton if available. I have broken two spokes in an accident and rode the bike several times before finding the damage. The wheel was still true.

Unless something has changed you can purchase just a rear hub, hub & rim or the hub laced into the rim. I bought a 48 spoke Ryno Lite double walled rim with the rear hub already installed. It's been perfect and I would recommend getting the finished product from Staton if available. I have broken two spokes in an accident and rode the bike several times before finding the damage. The wheel was still true.

I have the same48 spoke wheel, seems ok, just wondering how it compares with the 12g 36spoke.

Last edited:
I have a 12 GA, 36 spoke on the front wheel, they both work very well. Other than that I don't know what difference to talk about, either it works or it doesn't.

Well, 32 spoke taiwan wheels worked ok until I motorized the bike , then I had spoke breakage,with the GEBE kit. With the staton, I am concerned with the wheels' capccity to handle the heavier weight of the gearbox, I'm hopeful that the 48 spoke will do the trick, I guess time and miles will tell.

I have broken two spokes in an accident and rode the bike several times before finding the damage. The wheel was still true.

I was changing the tire on my 48-spoke Staton wheel and noticed two spokes broken, the two exactly opposite the valve hole. Glad I caught it, would probably never had known otherwise, the wheel rolled nice and round.

I was changing the tire on my 48-spoke Staton wheel and noticed two spokes broken, the two exactly opposite the valve hole. Glad I caught it, would probably never had known otherwise, the wheel rolled nice and round.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep an eye on the spokes. Did they break at the nipples? Glad to hear that the rim stayed true. Sir Jakesus had some spoke b reakage also, He's using a nuvinci hub. Do you have a nuvinci also?

Did they break at the nipples?
Nope, at the hub end. In fact, I've never seen a spoke break anywhere else.

Not a NuVinci, just a regular Staton hub.

Back