question about the gas mixture

Sounds good. I buy Penzoil for air cooled engines 99% of the time.

We (Dad and I) have run the Penzoil (inexpensive) and a bunch of other very expensive sythetic in the ultralights (40-65 HP twin cylinder airplane engines, two stokes, both water and air cooled) And there is virtually no difference. Soooo, it's Penzoil for air cooled engines for us.

I also use the Penzoil in my Yamaha scooter, weedwacker,
chainsaw and baby rototiller.

Nothin's blown up yet and it gets real quiet when they do in the air!

Against the recommended mix from the distributor...but you'll probably be glad you did.

20/1 is just too much oil. That much oil (especially non-synthetic cheap dollars store stuff :cry: ) will cause carbon build up and that clogs plugs and exhaust, plus the rings will stick and then the whole thing goes "boom".

I'd bet a dollar if any of you running non-synthetic at 20/1 take your head off at 500 miles there will be considerable carbon build up on the piston. What do the plugs in these things look like after 500? almost solid with black oily carbon I'd bet.

The engines come from China, where the oil used it very low quality. They may still need the 50's tech 20/1 mix for break in but modern oils have changed in the last 10 years especially.

I changed the gearbox oil on a few Chinese "e-bay scooters" and the stuff that came out (new) was very bad and "un-oil-like".

There's a reason they call it Yak snot.

the thing runs like a beast with the 40;1 mixture i might keep it like that for a while mabey drop to 30;1 later mabey

If it runs good at 40/1 why would you go to 30/1? That will only give you less power and an increase in oil consumption. Not to mention the carbon build up.....oh, I just did.

well today i went to the store i baught some 2 stroke chainsaw oil im running at 50;1 now

my input: i have 800+ miles on a great-starting & great-running engine.

i use briggs & stratton "easy mix" at 36:1. i mix one gallon of regular gas to one 3.5oz bottle. it is easy to use & i have no complaints.

i use a hotter ngk b6hs gapped at .025

when i replaced the jug-gasket, everything was really clean and moving smoothly, with no looseness or undue wear.

Back