question about the gas mixture

J

jeffspeeder

im not so smart with this gas and oil mixture and the math it includes but what mixture should the 80cc motor have after break in? and can u tell me in an easyer way so i can understand this math.lol

mix ratio

http://www.vulcanonline.org/gasoil.php3
I'm pretty new to this and don't know that much about the fuel mixes yet, but according to thatsdax i found out that i should just keep my mix at the same 20:1 ratio after break in. i also found the above addy very helpfull for measuring different mixes. hope that helps ya some.

mine right now i just found out is 40:1 its weedwacker oil is that good for the motor or should i get a different kind?

if you have a 2 stroke engine, i think any 2 stroke oil will work. you should probably find out what the manufacturer of your engine recommends to be sure of the gas/oil mix ratio. in my manual from thatsdax it said to mix mine at 25:1 during break in. on his website it said 20:1 for break in and after break in. I have read thru other posts in here tho that said some people use different mixes, i have no idea why to be honest. some of these other guys no A LOT more about this stuff than me. I'm just a beginner. lol

heck i found 8oz of 2 stroke oil at the dollar store for a buck and it works fine for me.

on a new engine, I'd run 25:1 for a few tanks. IMO 40:1 is okay after break in. I run a tank of 50:1 once in a while. 8)

ya

i got 100 miles on it hoow long intill i should keep the breaking ratio on it?

After break in (actually a couple hundred miles should be more than sufficient) you can run at 40/1.

Any good name brand two stroke oil for AIR COOLED ENGINES is good.

Don't use the stuff for outbaord motors.

Synthetic you can run at 50/1 after break in.

Running too much oil in a two stroke is as bad as too little, but for different reasons. You WILL make a massive carbon build up, which will ruin plugs first, but eventually it will clog the exhaust, make the ring(s) stick (really bad) and more.

Back