Question bout making your own gaskets.

Carl Walichnowski

Local time
2:58 AM
At the moment I'm waiting on a offset intake manifold & expansion chamber to arrive. I do not have a stock muffler gasket but I do have a new copper intake gasket? My question pertains to making my own gaskets now and in the future and if making my own would result in better quality gaskets over the stock gaskets?? I'll attach two photos of the gasket material I would be using, is this quality material or even the right material? Thx for any input!!

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 131
that's the right stuff. whether or not you end up with something better quality depends on whether or not you f*** it up.

easiest way to cut gasket material is to lay it over the part and start whacking it with a hammer. gives you nice perfect lines to follow with your xacto.

that's the right stuff. whether or not you end up with something better quality depends on whether or not you f**k it up.

easiest way to cut gasket material is to lay it over the part and start whacking it with a hammer. gives you nice perfect lines to follow with your xacto.
Ok which of the two would I use for the exhaust gasket?

Back