Question Everything - first gas/oil ratio

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12676

These crazy chinese are the only ones I have ever heard that recommend a heavier, more protective ratio of oil to gas in the beginning.
Every motorcycle manufacturer says to use less protective mineral oil at a normal ratio and then for the next tank use more protective synthetic oil if that's what you want to use. The idea is to have less protection at the start for the rings to wear down a bit in order to perfectly match the cylinder so there is less blowby.
I have exchanged emails with Don Grube trying to advise him on how to make the cranks better balanced but his general opinion of the chinese backwoods "engineers" was extremely low. I don't think they are even true engineers. That would explain the profuse number of errors they made.

But this topic is not worth arguing about because one of the errors they made is to use rings that don't completely match the cylinder and they have too much ring end gap so blowby is a given no matter what oil ratio you use. That is why I replaced mine with a motorcycle piston/rings for a normal small end gap. see http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/66ccPiston.html

What ratio do you recommend for break-in, and after that? I can't remember what I ran for break-in on my last engine, but after a few tanks I always ran 32:1 synthetic in my bike. Can these engines withstand 40:1 or even 50:1?

With the mismatched rings I doubt it matters.
These engines don't rev high so you can run 50:1 synthetic.
The higher the revs the more oil is needed.

Back