Question for 79cc Predator owners

michael whiteman

Local time
10:33 PM
How well do you feel your engine is internally balanced? I rode mine for the first time today and feel it shakes a lot more than my Haushang 49cc 4 stroke. The cast iron flywheel is certainly not a quality piece, especially when it's governed at 3600 rpm. Do you have a billet aluminum flywheel? If so, is your engine smoother now at high rpms? I'm just trying to get a feel for the internal quality of this engine. Thanks in advance.

It's a single cylinder engine & they take alot of balancing to get them butter smooth. That's why the Honda engines run a balance shaft in them, to smooth them out.

There's a lot of truth to why they call single cylinder motors Thumpers. A 2007 KLR 650 was the king of Thumpers for me. After riding it for 4 hours you were still shaking hours after getting off. Damn fun bike to ride though. Bike would give you an orgasm if you let it.

There's a lot of truth to why they call single cylinder motors Thumpers. A 2007 KLR 650 was the king of Thumpers for me. After riding it for 4 hours you were still shaking hours after getting off. Damn fun bike to ride though. Bike would give you an orgasm if you let it.
Got your sea legs, D?

I know the larger predators have a balance shaft. Not sure on the smaller ones
No the smaller engines don't use them that I know of. I think 1 due crank case limitations & the smaller displacement.

The smaller engines don't have near the vibrations the bigger engines have. Usually you got to weld a weight to the crankshaft counterweight to get a small single cylinder balanced out smoothly.

Do any of you know who actually manufactures the billet flywheel that everyone advertises ?
Is it ARC Racing, or are they just another distributor?

Back