Question for 79cc Predator owners

AGK needs to change their name Pete. There's nothing afordable about that place.

If I was going to make a gasket I would start with a sheet of copper instead of a tin can. I can't remeber the last time I saw an aluminum can. Making a punch for the headbolt holes would be a challenge. I've got a sheet of copper, just need to check the thickness. I wonder what the stock gasket measures? Does anyone have one they could measure for me?

I forgot about Copper Coat that I also used back in the day. I like this idea the best. Thanks CL
I can measure the one off one of my flatheads, it should be close. I have the head pulled off the 3hp flatty right now because I'm trying to figure out what has it locked up. Once I get home tonight I'll dig out my caliper.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I talked with HF this morning. Not all the parts shown in my manual are a available they say. The head gasket SHOULD be one of them, but no. Thanks GW, but I need an axact measurement on a stock gasket because I plan to mill the head .050 which has been determined to be safe.

AGK needs to change their name Pete. There's nothing afordable about that place.

If I was going to make a gasket I would start with a sheet of copper instead of a tin can. I can't remeber the last time I saw an aluminum can. Making a punch for the headbolt holes would be a challenge. I've got a sheet of copper, just need to check the thickness. I wonder what the stock gasket measures? Does anyone have one they could measure for me?

I forgot about Copper Coat that I also used back in the day. I like this idea the best. Thanks CL
You don't drink beer. Rip into a few and you will have gasket material for a long time.

Yes, a beer can is darn thin material.

Here I thought is was a good excuse to drink beer, not that I need one. Only time I have a problem with drinking is when I run out.

I make copper head gaskets for my 4 stroke Whizzer
Maybe some of my techniques will help you make your own head gaskets
100 pictures of making copper head gaskets :LOL:

Most important is to put the copper sheet between 2 pieces of wood

Back