Question for folks

HoboFresh

Local time
5:28 PM
Hello. So, I'm quite new to the scene here. I just finished my first build yesterday (pics in another thread). I'm running a 16/1 ratio for the break-in cycle. My question for folks is this - from what I've been reading, during the break-in, I don't want to push it much past half throttle, correct?

Ugh. So, the hardware that came with the motor kit I bought is apparently all cheap die cast aluminum. Snapped an exhaust bolt off inside the hole this morning. 🙄

Attachments

• 15969901530997224406524163889683.jpg
    15969901530997224406524163889683.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 152
You need to put some load on that engine to seat them rings and you need heat. Search for heat cycling. I doubt you'll ever have your engine fully break in running 16:1. It's just too slippery. 32:1 has been working great for me and many others. What ever mix you run you'll have to jet accordingly then just stay consistent. Don't do anything before you fix the exhaust bolt though cause it will run lean.

So that you know exactly what you're doing get a techometer/hour counter off eBay. They're fairly cheap and can keep you from over reving and from engine strain.

So that you know exactly what you're doing get a techometer/hour counter off eBay. They're fairly cheap and can keep you from over reving and from engine strain.
I've just been playing it safe, and keeping it under half throttle. I'll run it up to full open and then let it fall back down. But, that sounds like a good idea. It'll be nice to know how fast I'm actually going lol

Hunnnnnnnn 🤔

Why wont a easy out work...

Did you use a reverse drill bit to get a pilot hole started,,, in most cases the broke off stud comes out on its own with the reverse drill bits...

If not,,, why wouldn't a easy out work...

We've used them for alot of years with great success on multiple occasions 👍...
A 6mm I believe is the smallest Easy Out you can get yes you need to drill but to break off you put in more torque than the bolt can take sheared off.
The Easy out engineered never thought they would buy his new invention and did not think of excessive force and the shear strength and small girth so they break all the one I have tried did anyway.
Looks like you got the right solution though a new cylinder no more headaches.

Back