Question for Staton chain drive owners

Interesting. I've never seen a small engine use friction material like that. I've only seen it on larger clutches for go-karts and the like.

have three moters, robin subaru, tanaka 40, and the mitsu43, all of which have 78mm clutches with clutch shoes almost identical to a typical aotomtive drum brake shoes, except the pads are much smaller and thinner, If there was no friction material it couldn't possibly engage the clutch drum.

What are the measurements of a inside drive S/R 35 unit mounted. I want to enclose one on the bike with some type of box. ?x?x?

Big Blue,
10" wide X 10" high X 13 1/2" long.
I took a standard plastic milk carton, you know the old ones that everyone stores stuff in, the stackable ones. I cut out the bottom and a slot in the front to let a small part of the gearbox protrude then lined the left side (traffic side) and back so it looks like I'm carrying stuff. I left the front, top, and right side (exhaust) open for airflow. It looks kind of like a bag ladies bike but no one is the wiser. Its a little tuff filling with engine with fuel but it will do until I make my new cover which is going to look like a soft pack on a rack. It will be easily removeable.
Let me know what you have in mind.

Thanks, I'm thinking about a dog bag. 20x11x 11.75 they sell it at petco . Its the type you put a small dog in and carry it on your shoulder.

Maybe , heres a picture of the bag .Would need some work,its to open but It would look like a bag I think. Just brainstorming right now looking for a good answer.

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 251
I don't think closing the sides is an issue, except in line with the exhaust, if the front, bottom, and top are left open for air flow. I think I am going to make a 1/4" diameter aluminum frame around the engine and gearbox and then have someone custom sew what will look like a soft sided bag with velcro flaps for the top and in line with the exhaust port. Just open those two up when I want to run it.

Back