Question For Those With Triple Tree Forks

When I cut that pipe... I figure I'll try to mimic the length of tube that sticks out the current head tube (not much),...

:)

I wouldn’t cut them. You would have more options on gooseneck stems . Just my opinion. I would buy a 1” threaded headset for them when you buy the triple.They come with bearings and bearings cups for bearings to set in on headset frame.They make spacer and other stuff to hide the extra tube. Depending which stem you chose. Hope this helps

mine came with the frame i bought from cdhpower. 1 1/8 threadless non suspension triples. if you didnt get a headset, any 1" or 1 1/8 bmx headset will work. i left mine full length but every now and then ill let the tubes come up thru the top clamp, it drops the frame slightly and gives it a totally different feel. but mostly i keep em maxed out. youll definately want to use some sort of clamping system when putting them together, to compress the top and bottom clamps while setting the bearing preload and tighten the absolute f**k out of the bolts and make sure they still turn but not crush the bearings otherwise they will come loose. fork wobble at 45mph isnt the most enjoyable.. trust me

All is well...

PHAN_FORKSNBARS2.jpg

Back