[QUESTION] Gas bikes on trails

nashy10

Local time
4:29 PM
Hey everyone im fairly new to this forum, but i have ordered a 80cc (i know its not actually 80) 2 stroke engine kit for a decent mountain bike i have, and my intent is to mainly ride this around dirt trails. I was just wondering how these fair in the mud, and what i could do to possibly make it work better on dirt/mud/loose pack?

put some kind of shielding around the air filter intakes

I haven't taken mine in the mud before but I think you'd be wanting some decent knobby tires and fenders on the bike. Without fenders you will get mud stuck all through the engine fins and overheat the engine. Motorbike & bike trails are a blast though!

plastics

Yeah this would be my main problem, I was thinking of scavenging a dead dirt bike, taking the plastics off it, and modding them to be attached to my bike. But im worried the heat would be too much for the engine or plastics

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
okay, but since i am going to be going through fairly rough trails, would water splash be an issue with the engine? Would the muffler going under water be an issue? I know with atvs the exhaust can go under as long as you keep throttling it

VERY IMPORTANT-----

Make sure engine is broken in first, and chain stretching is under control. The reason I say this
, is because sounds like you wouldn't be in the best place to have to jump off and repair?!!~

why not mod the engine to have much better low end grunt for the slow parts of trails as well as for climbing? Just click on my signature link to find out how.

what do you mean by low end grunt? id rather have power and torque than speed if thats what youre referring to.

Back