Question: How To Remove DOT/Company Name Label From Helmet. Not A Sticker

yuckfoo

Local time
9:29 AM
Looking for a safe way to remove a painted(?) on DOT Certified/Company Name on the back of my helmet. This is not a sticker, it's some sort of an ink or paint application. I'm out of Goo Gone but wondering if anyone has successfully removed one of these before I bpurchase any products.

s-l1600.jpg

Do not remove from DOT safe products or penalized by law. For the rest, just rattle can a new design onto the hardhat.

WD40 takes most paint off if you let it soak in. Lubed up the cylinders on my Ulock with WD and most of the dang #s wore off that were painted on. Combination lock, sucks to be me.

WD40 takes most paint off if you let it soak in. Lubed up the cylinders on my Ulock with WD and most of the dang #s wore off that were painted on. Combination lock, sucks to be me.
Are the numbers recessed? If so, put paint in there then wipe off the surface. The paint will wipe off the flats but won't wipe out the recessed numbers. I did that for my serial number on the bike so it was easier to read.

Yea my thought too, no recess.
Do not remove from DOT safe products or penalized by law. For the rest, just rattle can a new design onto the hardhat.
My understanding is that it is fine to remove the one on the outside. It's the inside one that matters. But, no helmet law in my state, so I don't think it's an issue.

Back