Question: how would you mount a 2 stroke onto a flat surface as opposed to mounting onto bike tubes?

Just had a thought. Can you get a tube that fits over your 1" and jb weld that sucker and a couple screws or rivets?

*This was sitting on my page overnight. I thought I sent it last night.
You need the pipe ID to be 1 1/8” so a slip over would do no good.

Even if a slip over solved the tube problem I would be skeptical about trusting it unless it was welded at least as strong as the original.

Be some sorry if the forks broke away from a good road bump going fast. If the crash didn’t kill me I’d die from embarrassment having to face everyone. 🤣

You need the pipe ID to be 1 1/8” so a slip over would do no good.

Even if a slip over solved the tube problem I would be skeptical about trusting it unless it was welded at least as strong as the original.

Be some sorry if the forks broke away from a good road bump going fast. If the crash didn’t kill me I’d die from embarrassment having to face everyone. 🤣
Take it to a welder for $20.

I thought you were trying to mount it on a flat surface?
I wondered if anyone ever came up with any alternate ways of mounting, in addition with the studs. The only way I thought of was casting pieces that mold to the bottom of the engine perfectly and brazing them on. Then I thought the case might be too thin. Not engineered for that sort of thing...

I wondered if anyone ever came up with any alternate ways of mounting, in addition with the studs. The only way I thought of was casting pieces that mold to the bottom of the engine perfectly and brazing them on. Then I thought the case might be too thin. Not engineered for that sort of thing...
Unless it was also secured in place by the studs also...
Just to make the engine look like it had more to it, and also serve a purpose.

Back