Question on boy go fast kit

cruzin

Local time
5:33 AM
I received my bike kit today, looking it over I noticed where the wires come out through the front of the mag cover that the hole is threaded and just the wires come out through the hole. Should there be a water tight fitting threaded in that hole to keep water out of the inside of the case? Any insite in this will be appreciated.

I advise you fill the hole around wires and coat the mag cover gasket with silicone to aid in keeping water out of the mag area.

Yes, I agree Abeagle. Seal with silicone or caulking. I bought a 70cc from boy go fast last year and it had a small rubber boot sealing the wire exit. I gave it a dab of silicone besides. graucho

Last edited:
thanks folks, I think they just forgot to thread it in before adding the wires and after that it was too late.

Mine was missing it also, i need to silicon mine, i just went through my second rain storm with it.:eek:

Hey

When I had my old GEBE-Zenoah I got tired of the red casing on it so I just removed it. I was at first worried about the fact that it left the magneto/electronics open to the weather - after I had been through two storms with it and come home looking like a bedreaggled rat I sorta gave up worrying - the bike never missed a beat..

I know its better to be safe but these engines are built and designed to be run by people who think maintinence is somewhere to the left of guesswork... so they are by nature fairly tough... the problem I have with sealants and such is that if they get hot/melt they might get into places that they shouldnt be and damage things.

Jemma xx

Back