Question!!viper?

Hay anyone out there ever try the black viper flexible pipe?
Yup and it will cook your engine not a big enough dia through it's flange fitting or where the flex pipe attaches to the chamber witch also is very small! here are some picks from my attempt to hog it out and found that it couldn't be opened more than 17-18mm!

Attachments

• 2016-12-07 15.50.36.jpg
    2016-12-07 15.50.36.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 2016-12-07 15.51.39.jpg
    2016-12-07 15.51.39.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 2016-12-07 15.55.50.jpg
    2016-12-07 15.55.50.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 2016-12-07 15.58.14.jpg
    2016-12-07 15.58.14.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 230
Yup and it will cook your engine not a big enough dia through it's flange fitting or where the flex pipe attaches to the chamber witch also is very small! here are some picks from my attempt to hog it out and found that it couldn't be opened more than 17-18mm!
Please explain cook your engine,too much back pressure? Make it run lean? Please explain

Yes to restrictive not even a suited flow for a 48cc witch is what I tried it on and the engine was over heated in less than 10 min!
Ok stupid question how can you tell if your engine is over heating?I put the viper on my bike today road about 20 min,and everything seems ok? It's a 66cc

Ok stupid question how can you tell if your engine is over heating?I put the viper on my bike today road about 20 min,and everything seems ok? It's a 66cc
450 f is the max head temp for a 2 stroke so my preference is to keep it in the 300's so as not to create premature wear and keep the rings for awhile access heat will wear the rings cause a loss of performance an make the life span of the engine short!

I use a hand held temp sensor for taking temp readings some say you can do a spit test but I don trust that nor do I really want to spit on my engine!But they say if you pit on it and it boils instantly it's too hot LOL not sure about that but as a last resort I geuss it's better than nothing!

I have been running this pipe for over a year now with no problems. 1 gallon gas tank gets 5 oz of dyno mixed in or 4 oz of 2 stroke oil mixed in. I even throw in some octane booster every other tank (1 half of the small bottle). It has the NT carb needle set to the middle notch and has the centrifugal clutch kit with pull starter installed. Bike weighs between 60 and 70 lbs and I weigh 260 lbs. It has a 44 tooth sproket on a hub centric adapter. 1 half rotation of the pedals from a stop and I'm off. Top speed against the wind is about 23 mph and with the wind is about 32 mph on a flat surface. It starts with one pull no choke when warm and 2 pulls when cold (1 choke on and 1 choke off) or starts right up when I pop the clutch. It even runs fine with the 12 volt generator coil installed on the back of the magneto. Bike has around 650 miles on it right now. When the bike is cold I don't need to pedal from a start. In fact, when it is cold, if I start off too fast, then front wheel will come up off the ground about 1".

motor bike back left.jpg motor bike front right.jpg

I have been running this pipe for over a year now with no problems. 1 gallon gas tank gets 5 oz of dyno mixed in or 4 oz of 2 stroke oil mixed in. I even throw in some octane booster every other tank (1 half of the small bottle). It has the NT carb needle set to the middle notch and has the centrifugal clutch kit with pull starter installed. Bike weighs between 60 and 70 lbs and I weigh 260 lbs. It has a 44 tooth sproket on a hub centric adapter. 1 half rotation of the pedals from a stop and I'm off. Top speed against the wind is about 23 mph and with the wind is about 32 mph on a flat surface. It starts with one pull no choke when warm and 2 pulls when cold (1 choke on and 1 choke off) or starts right up when I pop the clutch. It even runs fine with the 12 volt generator coil installed on the back of the magneto. Bike has around 650 miles on it right now. When the bike is cold I don't need to pedal from a start. In fact, when it is cold, if I start off too fast, then front wheel will come up off the ground about 1".

View attachment 77764 View attachment 77765
Did you see the pic's posted above showing the I.D. restricting flow!Just this past weekend on private land my son's stockish 50cc went just over 50 with a 200 lb rider and an old stock potatoe pipe that flows way better than that flex pipe ever will! 32 with your 20" wheels is 9000 rpm and at that speed I give it ten min until it over heats!U.S crome say's that a treated cylinder is only good up to 400 degress before the plating will be comprimized!And most importantly it's not even close to being a useable chamber size I have R/C engines that are only 15cc's that use a bigger chamber!

my bike has 44 teeth and 26" wheels. bike is has lots of torque and reasonable amount of power. If your getting hot that fast, you are not running enough oil.

Back