Question: What if you had a bad clutch that didn't spin easily. Would that cause ...

yuckfoo

Local time
1:25 PM
What if you had a bad clutch that didn't spin easily but the engine would still run. Would that condition require a larger than usual jet?

I just replaced both clutch gears and now feel like the engine wants a smaller jet. I've moved from the 72 to the 70 and am probably going to try a 68 from a kit and the jet that came with the motor (which I believe was also a 68.)

I would say try a 68 jet, with temps getting colder, I doubt you will hurt anything. Might have to up jet for summer time thou, to help keep cylinder temps down.

I would say try a 68 jet, with temps getting colder, I doubt you will hurt anything. Might have to up jet for summer time thou, to help keep cylinder temps down.
I'm just wondering if the only reason I needed a 72 was because the big clutch gear was bad and failing. I found a better screw for my carb clamp that won't strip. I'll see how the leak check goes tomorrow. Hopefully that is solved once and for all. If it works I'm going to locktite that biach down. 😄 Trying to tune this thing is becoming never ending. Nothing I've done so far really seems perfect. Maybe I'm expecting too much(?)

Back