Question

corey123

Local time
1:41 AM
Will i destroy my engine with too much drag...i got a friction powerd bike..but the wheel drag's alot like it litteraly doesn't spin unless your using throttle..hopefully that makes sense! can some 1 help me out..i just dont want to use it if it''s going to put to much stress on the engine if the wheels not moving enough

With them rollers you gotta set it up so it pushes on it some but not too much. You gotta find the sweet spot where it presses on the tire to not slip, no more.

Yea it's currently not set up properly for it to have it's usual sweet spot...i put a new cable on it the back wheel is litteraly stuck unless your using throttle..i'm asumming it's probly bad for thegine and could put stress on it if there is to much pressure pushing down..sorry bad spelling owell haha

There is too much stress on the entire drivetrain with it set too hard. You'll see failed wheel and roller bearings with rapid wear on the tire and possible warpage in the roller bracket.

Sweet good to know, Def not taking it out for a rip then...that's what i'm having trouble with also is setting the cable up with enough slack to move the roller down....Newbie to this stuff so i'll figure it out soon...seem's like the roller is not moving down or up enough..not sure if it's tensioned right or we

Another question...do you think friction bikes are harder to work on then regular 1's...debating on selling this 1 and upgrading to 1 with mounted engine with exhuast instead of the friction drive

I prefer in frame chain drive bikes, you are limited tons by roller diameter and no chance for shifting capabilities of any sort unless you rig a cvt between the engine and roller.

Gotcha...Once i get it fixed i'll be putting it up for sale..going to try and find 1 with a little less work...when i first bought it i honest'y didn't know it was friction drive..had to do research and find out

Back