Questions about 79cc and 212cc valve springs

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
7:51 AM
I have decided to ungovern my 79cc engine. Does anyone know what LB the stock 79cc springs are. Also does anyone know how many LBS the stock 212cc hemi springs are? I want to try running the 212 springs in the ungoverned 79cc. It's almost as if the 79 springs are stiffer but they are shorter as well so I'm unsure. Hopefully the 79 is less sluggish if all works out.

Would be twice as powerful if it fired twice as often and burned twice as much fuel. It would be smaller and lighter and simpler as well >.>

I probably will I know I am for the 212. Just didn't know 18s would work in the 79cc I thought I could swap the 212 springs in since I already have those. They are the same diameter the 79 just has shorter springs.

GoPowerSports says the stock 212 are 16lb, and 18lb is a cheap upgrade but everyone into performance is putting 22lb + on esp. if they rev past 5500 so no valve float but need lotsa strength to pull start it. You might not have that same issue with a 79cc. I do think it's it's own beast and not everything is directly comparable to 212 predators. I find that out with the 118 Lifan so I look more to Honda experience than Predator or other clones

interesting thing came up on my YT. a Tillotson 12hp stock 212cc with 5800 rpm for like $189. Cars and Cameras on YT is all about predators so I watch them a lot

Back