Questions about installation of hub motor

GreenMantis

Local time
7:37 AM
First, what does the red button on the throttle do? Is that how it switches from p/a to throttle mode? And what are the two blue wires on the speed controller that can be plugged together all about? I read something somewhere that suggested that the blue wire has to do with a governor, and maybe bypasses it, but chinglish is so hard to understand sometimes.
I'm adding this to my 2 stroke bike build, to make a hybrid out of it. It's nearly done, now, I should be riding it tomorrow.

My speed controller doesn't seem to work, very unhappy. There is a white connector with a black and a red wire going to it, I don't know what that's supposed to do, since there is no diagram or anything. Is that for a power switch? I just put one inline from the battery, but it doesn't do anything. The led's blinked a couple of times, and that was it.

Then the blue wires mean nothing, in a 1kwatt hub that would restrict the max watts to 700, max road legal the red button is on off, other features are only available with a compatible LCDisplay.

The speed controller that came with my hub motor kit was doa. I ordered a different one, it comes tomorrow. But there seems to be way too much load on that motor, as is, with the wires connected to nothing at all. I thought you were supposed to be able to pedal without using the motor, if you wanted to? Not the case with this one.
Does that sound abnormal?

The speed controller that came with my hub motor kit was doa. I ordered a different one, it comes tomorrow. But there seems to be way too much load on that motor, as is, with the wires connected to nothing at all. I thought you were supposed to be able to pedal without using the motor, if you wanted to? Not the case with this one.
Does that sound abnormal?
Check that where the phase wires enter the axle the sheilding on wires is intact, if a wire touches the axle it's like having the breaks on.

First, what does the red button on the throttle do? Is that how it switches from p/a to throttle mode? And what are the two blue wires on the speed controller that can be plugged together all about? I read something somewhere that suggested that the blue wire has to do with a governor, and maybe bypasses it, but chinglish is so hard to understand sometimes.
I'm adding this to my 2 stroke bike build, to make a hybrid out of it. It's nearly done, now, I should be riding it tomorrow.
The blue wire can be the governor or the learn circut witch is used to set the rotation direction and time the phase signal.

Good idea, thanks! I'll go check the wires on it for shorts.
All the instructions that mine came with said was to make sure the wires were on the right hand side, as far as rotational direction goes. I wonder if everyone knows that all you need to do to reverse a brushless motor's direction is reverse any 2 of the 3 wires? I'm not sure if that would work with the sensor setup in these motors, since I think there are more than one, but in theory that's all you have to do.

Back