Questions (about pocket rocket engines on bikes)

R

retro_racer

I was woundering about this.I've been seeing alot of ideas in here on making more power for these small engines.Has anyone in here tryed checking to see if the little 49cc pocket bikes parts can be used with these bicycle motors? Aside from the motor mounts,and were the cylinders sit they look alot alike. I've seen alot of pocket bike parts in Ebay,and most are relatively inexpensive.I've seen hot coils,expantion chambers,carbs,air cleaners,reed cage upgrades,and alot of other parts.
Has anyone looked into this?

The short answer is NO.
These engines are not made to be made into "high performance" engines.
Check out "Optimize for your application" for a better overview.

Hi Bikeguy,
I've read the post several times thanks.I also understand these motors are not made to be or designed to be hot rodded. I was just woundering how close are the 2 motors.The air cleaner up grades they offer seems like it would be an improvement over the stock ones.An expantion chamber would improve the sound,and performance.Also aiding in directing the exahust away from the rider.In general they are longer.The different foot pegs they offer could add some comfort on those long rides.They even have different drive systems that could improve your MPG,and maybe some wear & tear on the engine.The hotter coils make burning your fuel more efficent.I'm all for improving on something without killing the dependability part of the project.It dosn't matter how fast you can go if you can't finish the race. Ivan (the Ironman)Stewart 1982