Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi John,

Contact me via my email [wait a few days as I am still in serious talks with Embarq] and I will help you get it up to speed. Or you can call me on my cell phone 252-475-0406.

If you have emailed me recently, I may have not been able to respond because I think my DSL should work and Embarq is having a hard time understanding this theory.

How does the spark plug tip look, white, tan, or black?

Have fun,

Quenton, I had trouble with Embarq in Florida also. It was down more than up. I finally went with a Verizon wireless modem, which seems to be as fast as DSL and works just about anywhere, including the lousy reception I had in Kissimmee. If you can get by with less than 5GB data transfer each month, it is pretty good.

Question: How can I keep the clutch cable bracket attached to the frame from slipping? I was thinking about a rubber sleve or something. I bought it at Memory Lane Classics.

Hi Traveler,

Wrap part of a bicycle tube around the seatpost and then install the cable bracket around the tube. I suggest about 2 complete wraps, and the tube can be cut so that it doesn't show. If you don't have an old tube, just visit the nearest bicycle shop as I am sure they have several around with large holes in them.

Have fun,

Quenton, The bicycle tube idea worked great. Thanks. Now the cable attachment to the cable bracket slips. Since my Whizzer in the late 50s didn't have a clutch handle and cable, (had to pedal the bike to start engine) I'm not sure if I have it hooked up right. The cable has a small end piece, which I have in the clutch arm slot. There is another metal piece on the cable that I have in the clutch bracket arm. in order to keep it from slipping, I had to place the other metal piece below the clutch arm, but now the cable rubs inside the clutch arm. Any suggestions?

Photos of clutch bracket

Quenton,

Attached are two photos.

Attachments

• Clutch1.jpg
    Clutch1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 877
  • Clutch2.jpg
    Clutch2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 916
Hi Traveler,

It appears to be the wrong clutch cable. The correct cable has an adjustable fitting that sits inside the bracket. The adjuster has a nut that can be used to adjust the cable. Your cable looks like it only has the cable end. Is it possible that the cable is installed backwards? Do you have the adjustable end at the clutch handle?

Have fun,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back