Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaking Gas out of overflow

Hi Quenton,

I know this topic has bean talked before,I've done some things mentioned here but it stil Leaking Gas ,first was where it joins in the carb gas boul,seal it with silicon now is from out of overflow tube,I did change the gas valve and filter because the valve was bad and leak on/off,and now have stop Leaking wend is off,but as soon as I open it begins to leak,I removed the gas cap valve to ventilate in both directions,cleaned the needle with a wire,what else I can do.

Sounds like the float is not freely moving up and down to then move the needle shut off. Make sure the float hinge is not bent and moves freely. Look to make sure the float does not have a hole in it and filling with gas. Also look to make sure that silicon job did not squeeze out into the inside of the bowl. The guide that the needle shut off rides in has a washer and is tightned properly so the gas does not leak around the needle shut off.

Gas leak

Thanks DNS,

I'll open again to see to see what I can find this time,I want to say something, when I opened it I blow into the needle that is in The guide float and While passing the air I lower the float with my finger and the flow air stop,this means that is not obstructed?I had measured the float like Quenton said and is 22mm,I will check the float does not have a hole in it,I will keep you inf.

Attachments

• 3ec7c5790f8e__1347728355000[1].jpg
    3ec7c5790f8e__1347728355000[1].jpg
    12 KB · Views: 528
Check the float needle as some had rubber tips and can become hard and not shut off the flow. Take a very close look at the needle to see if the tip is fastened well to the metal part and make sure it isn't hard.

Have fun,

Hi Quenton ,

I will remove tomorrow to Check needle if had rubber tips,question can I bent down more the float despite it measures 22 mm,or it will worsened the situation.

Some of the carburetors have metal floats and some have plastic floats.

The plastic floats can't be adjusted. Bending the tab on the metal flot won't solve the problem if the needle isn't "seating" correctly.

Just let me know what you find and maybe I will have the part you need.

Have fun,

Hi Quenton,

Today I received the chromoly mushroom lifters,can you give me inf. on how to mount the lifters or a thred where I can read how to do the work,I'll be doing with a friend who is a mechanic, so he has an idea and Thanks for the help.

Victor

Hi,

Mushroom lifters must be installed from inside the crankcase. See thread by go-rebels in the "Sticky" section titled "Lifter Replacement in Pictures". The post is located at the top of the Whizzer section.

Have fun,

Hi Quenton,

I found it
very well documented by go-rebels,
and Thanks

Hi Quenton,

I know this topic has bean talked before,I've done some things mentioned here but it stil Leaking Gas ,first was where it joins in the carb gas boul,seal it with silicon now is from out of overflow tube,I did change the gas valve and filter because the valve was bad and leak on/off,and now have stop Leaking wend is off,but as soon as I open it begins to leak,I removed the gas cap valve to ventilate in both directions,cleaned the needle with a wire,what else I can do.

Hi Victor,
I'd recommend too, that for future use that you treat your gasoline with Stabil or a similar gas stabilizer. The ethanol alcohol in our gas today plays havoc on rubber seals and gaskets such as what is in our Whizzer Carbs.

Stabil makes 2 stabilizers, the red fluid found in most auto stores, but they also sell a gas stabilizer for marine fuel tanks. Either one would be good, the marine probably better. Untreated, this ethanol laced gas can go bad after 30 days of storage.

Take Care,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back