Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several possible reasons for a "clicking" noise. If the crankshaft needs rebuilt, worn wrist pin, noise between camshaft gear and crankshaft gear. and worn out main bearing. Stock crankshaft pin is .999", .979" [.020" O.S.], and .959" [.040" O.S.]. Needle bearing cranks are very noisy. Crank pin must be round!!, wear is always on top and bottom of pin.

I have lots of rebuild parts if needed in stock [gaskets, seals, bearings, pistons, rings, etc] If you need any help just contact me.

Have fun,

There are several possible reasons for a "clicking" noise. If the crankshaft needs rebuilt, worn wrist pin, noise between camshaft gear and crankshaft gear. and worn out main bearing. Stock crankshaft pin is .999", .979" [.020" O.S.], and .959" [.040" O.S.]. Needle bearing cranks are very noisy. Crank pin must be round!!, wear is always on top and bottom of pin.

I have lots of rebuild parts if needed in stock [gaskets, seals, bearings, pistons, rings, etc] If you need any help just contact me.

Have fun,
Quenton thank you for the answer. From what I can tell you are a very respected opinion regarding all things Whizzer... Would be okay to paste your answer to my question in the comments section of the Youtube video. I will cite you.. I think it could help a few people that will see the video. It may also find you a customer or three. Best Regards.

Hi Joe,

I normally rebuild several Whizzer motor every week. Latest rage is to upgrade the vintage "H" cylinder & head with larger valves, and major port work. This upgrade makes the "H" cruise slightly above 40 MPH. Valves are up-sized to 22 MM [.866"] from 3/4" [.750], and the difference is amazing.

I am currently upgrading seven "H" cylinders [5 for M in CA, and 1 for R in CA, and 1 for myself].

I am retired and spend about 10 hours a day, seven days a week in the shop working on Whizzer motors..

I have standard, .005", .010", .020", .030", .032", .040", .050", .052", .060", and .072" O.S. pistons in stock. Three of the pistons [.032", .052" and .072"]in stock are special racing pistons for the faster group .
The only service I can't supply is rebuilding the crankshaft, however I send them to Dave Reese in OH when they need re-ground.
Have had a lot of parts made or modified, including an American made automatic clutch, special HP heads, 9 different camshaft regrinds [Weber, Precision, Raceway, early NE], gaskets, copper head gasket, .O.S. crankshaft seals, needle bearing crankshafts, intake and exhaust spacers, flex pipes, valves, mushroom lifters, valve guides, progressive valve springs, etc, etc, to fit both vintage & new edition motors. I have thousands of vintage and new edition Whizzer parts in stock, and what I don't have, I know who does.

I can bore and upgrade cylinder, re-work head, clean & test carburetor, replace valves, replace valve guides, or complete motor rebuild, auto clutch repair, and the list goes on and on.
Average turn around time is 10 to 14 days.

Hope this information is helpful.
Have fun,
Quinton, I have 2 whizzer engine's 1 is the ne5 the other is a 1999 whizzer engine that came with my bike both run but I opted for a totally diffrent engine I have no need for these but will not donate to anyone, if interested give me a fare offer for both an u pay shipping mabie we can make a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back