Questions issues

MADHATTER88

Local time
6:16 PM
Engine is 66cc skyhawk
I bought an assembled bike today never owned one before.
The bike started when the guy came and showed it to me i went and bought gas and oil and havent been able to start it since.
Ive googled a bunch and done some trouble shooting.
Gas is flowing everything is hooked up properly i do not get a spark when i take the plug out and hold to the fins altho it did nearly turn over on one attempt to get a spark against engine fins.
I replaced the plug still no spark.
Now ive never owned one nor a bike with a clutch.
Am i doing something wrong when trying to start it.
I pedal with clutch pulled in i get no response am u supposed to ease off the clutch to get it to start.
Note that my brother thought the kill switch was a start switch and attempted to pedal and press that to start it could this have killed the magneto.
I do have replacement magneto the guy gave me all the spare parts that came with it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated im hopeing its not the cdi as id have to order that and i bought this out of necessity i live far from everything and need to get around the weathers starting to get nice and id love to have it running asap

Engine is 66cc skyhawk
I bought an assembled bike today never owned one before.
The bike started when the guy came and showed it to me i went and bought gas and oil and havent been able to start it since.
Ive googled a bunch and done some trouble shooting.
Gas is flowing everything is hooked up properly i do not get a spark when i take the plug out and hold to the fins altho it did nearly turn over on one attempt to get a spark against engine fins.
I replaced the plug still no spark.
Now ive never owned one nor a bike with a clutch.
Am i doing something wrong when trying to start it.
I pedal with clutch pulled in i get no response am u supposed to ease off the clutch to get it to start.
Note that my brother thought the kill switch was a start switch and attempted to pedal and press that to start it could this have killed the magneto.
I do have replacement magneto the guy gave me all the spare parts that came with it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated im hopeing its not the cdi as id have to order that and i bought this out of necessity i live far from everything and need to get around the weathers starting to get nice and id love to have it running asap
Ok so put the new magneto (probably the source of the problem in your case) on the bike and see what goes on? The pedaling while holding the switch in is a perfect way to burn out your magneto.

Ok i will try that in the morning too dark now and no power to the garage yet
Will update once finished also was considering disconnecting the kill switch completely if that is what caused it

one can disconnect kill switch for testing with no problem - you might consider having the guy you bought it from show you a bit more about it too, as there are things not obvious that can be hard to figure out just from reading

I bought it from an older gentleman he didnt know much about it he bought the kit and had a local man install it and used it once he said his son is the one who started it up. But i have a multi metre and ill test electrical before dissasembling anything i think i made or my brother made an error i saw him start it and go. Ill test in the morning if its the magneto ill replace it wont take but a few mins 4 bolt and 4 screws

Thank you i will try that before takeing the multi metre out my buddy said if ive not got it running by afternoon he will come by i consider him the hillbilly of infinite engine knowledge i watched him bring a 20 yr old snowblower someone threw out back to life in an hour and several lost cause chainsaws aswell so if i cant get er running with your guys help witch i appreciate greatly ill be calling him lmfao

Back