questions, questions, and more questions

Apple

Local time
9:05 PM
hey yall, its meeeeee

im working on getting a motorized bike for the commute to and from work & school (both are about an 8 mile trip)

im buying things from scratch, should i get a kit from like, bikeberry or something?
what sort of mpg should i expect from a 49cc engine like the ones on bikeberry?
is friction drive the right choice?

also i wanted some suggestions, just to like, see if there is anything important i need to do.

thank yall!

Dont buy engines or anything from bike berry their motors and things are pure trash, like selling cylinders with painted inside or some that type of s**t

Dont buy engines or anything from bike berry their motors and things are pure trash, like selling cylinders with painted inside or some that type of sh*t
I totally agree with Lauris, they sold me a piece of crap, and won't honor warranty. and check reviews out buddy, wished I did
Thank yall for the heads up, i looked at some of the reviews and yeah thats not a great company, lol.

You can get everything you need right here. http://www.staton-inc.com/store/
You just need a good rear tire.
I appreciate the link, hopefully I can afford something from this site soon lol.

What kind of speed would I be looking at on a 49cc friction drive kit?

No special roller, no tuning, just out of the box basically

My Bikeberry experience was fine. Bought a friction drive kit from them a couple weeks ago. The gas tank protector on the engine was broken during shipping and the sent a new part right out. I've also purchased a few things from Station and GEBE a long time ago, no problems.

The kit from Bikeberry has a few issues that would make it difficult for a non mechanic to install but nothing an average DIYer couldn't deal with. No doubt the Station kit is better but it does cost more.

The Huasheng 142FA engine runs good and is a good copy of the Honda GX35. I'm an old motorcycle mechanic and have used the 31cc Honda on several bikes. My experience with Lifan (Chinese) motorcycles has been very good so I'm not afraid of Chinese engines. The exception is the frame mount 2 strokes. The ones I've had have been very poor quality.

My Bikeberry experience was fine. Bought a friction drive kit from them a couple weeks ago. The gas tank protector on the engine was broken during shipping and the sent a new part right out. I've also purchased a few things from Station and GEBE a long time ago, no problems.

The kit from Bikeberry has a few issues that would make it difficult for a non mechanic to install but nothing an average DIYer couldn't deal with. No doubt the Station kit is better but it does cost more.

The Huasheng 142FA engine runs good and is a good copy of the Honda GX35. I'm an old motorcycle mechanic and have used the 31cc Honda on several bikes. My experience with Lifan (Chinese) motorcycles has been very good so I'm not afraid of Chinese engines. The exception is the frame mount 2 strokes. The ones I've had have been very poor quality.
What are those challenges your talking about with the bikeberry kit?

I think I will get a bikeberry kit to start with, just so I have a baseline.

What are those challenges your talking about with the bikeberry kit?

I think I will get a bikeberry kit to start with, just so I have a baseline.
Main bearing failure and lack of customer service and most of all failure to honor the warranty

Back