Questions

I've never been extra charged either. I've ordered batteries and motors and all kinds of stuff from Hong Kong and China. Only thing is sometimes it takes 6 weeks for it to get to Minnesota but I've had a couple instances where it took 2 weeks somehow.

P.S. a Honda sticker is known to add 5hp.

I've never been extra charged either. I've ordered batteries and motors and all kinds of stuff from Hong Kong and China. Only thing is sometimes it takes 6 weeks for it to get to Minnesota but I've had a couple instances where it took 2 weeks somehow.

P.S. a Honda sticker is known to add 5hp.

5Hp for a Honda sticker eh, wonder how much HP one would get for a Flame stickers or better yet a Flaming Honda sticker

P.S. it all depends when they do there shipments most Hong Kong and China suppliers don't like to push there products until they have a few that have to go out at once saving them time

I am Looking At This Kit Right Here Size: 20 Inch Type: Rear 170MM Display: LCD8 Power: 750W

1. What Size Battery/Ah Would I need to go at-least 22 Miles throttle only.
2. Linked Into Question One Any Good Links for a nice price for said battery or cluster of batteries to make a DIY
3. Do these come with a Cog/Cassette If so what kind cause i'm looking for single speed only.
Don't waste the money on a hub-motor go with a mid-drive.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Why mid drive when the guy is trying to go 22mph with a single speed?
The mid-drive will do everything a hub-motor will do with more climbing ability, less possible heat build-up, and isn't unsprung weight. It can also be switched to another bike when the guy realizes that he doesn't really want a single-speed ebike. Mid-drives can have throttles too but put the torque into the chain where it was designed to be applied.

Here's today ride - https://photos.app.goo.gl/iSvYv37x6uRRQtZs8

Ride safe.

There won't be any heat issues with a direct drive brushless motor. I honestly can't even notice the "unsprung weight" these world saving mid drive ebikers talk about. For less money and less work a direct drive hub will do what he's asking. Are you guys like doing wheelie hop 360s or some sweet tricks or something where the hub weight hinders you? Even just pedaling my ebikes it's not bad.

There won't be any heat issues with a direct drive brushless motor. I honestly can't even notice the "unsprung weight" these world saving mid drive ebikers talk about. For less money and less work a direct drive hub will do what he's asking...
No heat issues? What about if the bike is ever ridden... you know, up hills. Real hills, maybe even on a hot day. How could you possibly notice sprung, let alone unsprung weight if you pound around on a hub-motor ebike? There is a huge difference in comfort ask any hard-tail Harley rider. Less money and less capability, more wear-n-tear on the wheel, motor and anything carried on the bike. Less work? I can change a flat on my rear tire in about 15 mins on the side of the trail, how about you? But you have to understand that we are comparing apples and really really good apples. A mid-drive to a Rohloff Speed-hub on a fully suspended frame designed to carry lots of weight can hardly be compared to a <$2000.00 ebike, especially one with a hub-motor. More like comparing a KIA and Maybach. And, "world saving mid drive ebikers"? I have no idea what that even means.

Ride safe.

That's what I'm saying. Why buy a maybach to drive a 22mph in one speed a few miles to work? I literally pulled my friend on his regular bike with my hub ebike 4 miles up hills and it was cool when we stopped. 100 degrees or less by hand touch. Maybe you should check out how larger motors dissipate heat much better than smaller motors.

I've read on ebike forums that mid drive motors chew up chains a lot quicker then normal bikes with a hub motor. Also a lot of folks claim mid drives gearing crashes way more often then a quality hub motor will.

Back