Questions

DUF

Local time
5:31 AM
Hello, I'm new to your group and I have a few questions. I hope I will be clear because my original language is not English.

- I have a Whizzer model H engine and if I want to have as much of an original kit as possible (engine and bicycle). Do I need a Schwinn bicycle ? I have a Cheftain.

- I searched the internet to find original images of my bike and I couldn't find anything. I would like to restore it to its original color.

- I would like to buy seals for my H engine at a resonable price. Which site do you recommend ?

- I have an instruction manual for the J model. But I am looking for the H model. Where can I download it from ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Hello, I'm new to your group and I have a few questions. I hope I will be clear because my original language is not English.

- I have a Whizzer model H engine and if I want to have as much of an original kit as possible (engine and bicycle). Do I need a Schwinn bicycle ? I have a Cheftain.

- I searched the internet to find original images of my bike and I couldn't find anything. I would like to restore it to its original color.

- I would like to buy seals for my H engine at a resonable price. Which site do you recommend ?

- I have an instruction manual for the J model. But I am looking for the H model. Where can I download it from ?

Post pictures of what you have and the bike you want to use.

Whizzer "H" engine kit 1946-1948
The 1948 WZ-507 Heavy Duty Bicycle made by Schwinn especially for a Whizzer "H" engine kit to be mounted on
If you want your Whizzer H to look original this is what you want it to look like
DSCF9595.JPG

The WZ -507 was not a Whizzer Factory production Bike But's it's correct for a Whizzer "H" engine Kit

The WZ-507 was sold separate from the Whizzer "H" engine kit but they were often sold together in department stores and the buyer had to mount the engine kit on the bike

The "H" engine kit could be mounted on any bike and people did just that
Most tried to make their bikes look like the WZ-507
The new more powerful "J" engine was soon to replace the "H" engine in 1948-1949

But If you can find a 1948 CWC Cleveland Welding Company bike to mount your "H" engine on it would be a conversation piece.
Obviously a tribute bike to the very rare 1948 CWC Whizzer

Whizzer contracted with CWC at the end of 1948 to make their factor production bike frames
Only 500 - 1000 were made the actual number is not known
Schwinn filed a frame copyrights infringement lawsuit against Whizzer in 1948
So to avoid a costly court battle and holding up their production Whizzer let Schwinn make the Whizzer Factory production bikes
1948-1952 Whizzer Factory production bikes are unique

I'm sure if some of my facts are off another Whizzer guy will be sure to correct me :LOL:

Just search 1948 WZ-507 Whizzer and I'm sure you'll find alot of photos
Different 2 tone colors were offered

Hello, I'm new to your group and I have a few questions. I hope I will be clear because my original language is not English

Ask Ray He might know

Since guys mounted "H" engine kits on anything that rolled using your Chieftain would be OK and original/unique to you.

The new more powerful "J" engine was soon to replace the "H" engine in 1948-1949

The J and H had the same HP specs. (Sorry, you asked for it)

Skeezer

The J and H had the same HP specs. (Sorry, you asked for it)

Skeezer
Yes the J and H engine are rated for the same 2.5 HP and almost identical, But the J is a little more powerful and will go a little faster
Because the J has bigger ports , bigger carb, and will run at a higher rpm
(Sorry, you asked for it) :ROFLMAO:

J engine is also more valuable than the H engine

Yes the J and H engine are rated for the same 2.5 HP But the J is more powerful and will go faster
Because the J has bigger ports , bigger carb, high compression head, and will run at a higher rpm
(Sorry, you asked for it) :ROFLMAO:

J engine is also more valuable than the H engine
Why more valuable the model J engine

Why more valuable the model J engine

The J engine was put on the 1948 Pacemaker first year of production
For a correct 1948 Pacemaker restoration you want a J engine, That makes it more Valuable

The H engine would be on a Schwinn WZ-507 See Post# 3

Back