Questions

Good morning !

Where can I get the biggest valves? And what is the price? In my first post, I had asked where I could download the H engine instruction manual. I have the one for the J engine on hand. The two seem very similar, but I don't know the difference. that would help me put it back together.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi DUF and Welcome to the forum!
Whizzer's 7/8th valves are getting harder to find,and most don't like letting them go.
Quenton is one guy you can ask. The other is Fred Koehnke.
The Whizzer Service book is what your looking for. Keep us posted, pics too.

Ray

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ray, nice to see you back here. I am having major problems with my J engine Carter N Carb float sticking and flooding. I rebuilt it, cleaned and tested it and I have done most of the verification of the float, valve etc but sometimes it floats right up and many times it does not.

What carbs do you have on your J engine bikes that are not a PITA?
Risk, it might be you got a bad float.
I like the Mikuni vm18

Ray

Good morning !

Where can I get the biggest valves?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Last time I talked with Quenton about valves he was modifying valves from a Toyota - cutting the stem shorter and adding the groove for the valve keeper. He gave me the Part # for the valve but I lost it Sorry
Call Quenton @ 252-475-0406

That's why you Stock pile!

Ray
20230105_140822.jpg
20230105_140847.jpg

Yep I got 3 extra of everything too, I want to make sue my Whizzer lives as long as I do :LOL:
Getting ready for a 1 week RV trip to the desert next week I'll be putting around 300 miles on my Whizzer while there
I just love those endless desert roads We go every year, my Gal and her friends like to go bird watching, I go riding :D
Pic from last year when I went to the desert
DSCF6313.JPGDSCF6318.JPGDSCF6333.JPGDSCF6362.JPGDSCF6377.JPGDSCF6422.JPG

Pic took last week
DSCF9603.JPG

Risk, it might be you got a bad float.
I like the Mikuni vm18

Ray
Ray, you would use a Mikuni vm18 on a 1948 J engine? None of the carbs in your pictures in this thread look like the Mikuni vm18 that I see on Ebay right now. They all have the same throttle connector as our NE5 engines..... I am confused.... which is not new! :)

Ray, you would use a Mikuni vm18 on a 1948 J engine? None of the carbs in your pictures in this thread look like the Mikuni vm18 that I see on Ebay right now. They all have the same throttle connector as our NE5 engines..... I am confused.... which is not new! :)
Yes I do, I'll post some pics tomorrow..
Fred K makes the parts and sells the crabs with them. Fred also makes the OHV for us whizzer
20190623_072748.jpg
20190623_080700.jpg
20190623_072807.jpg
20190623_080648.jpg
guys, vintage and new edition whizzer.
Fred also does All whizzer reground cranks, everybody sends them to Fred.
I'll post a picture of Old Yeller, and his red pacemaker with the Mikuni Carb on it.

Ray

Back