Quick pick of quick build

I put this together as something to ride around on while repairing/building some of my other MB's. It was a fun escape & distraction from other events currently happening in my world. It' really nothing that special- just a bike with some H.D. (heavy dudty) parts and the GEBE kit I had laying about. It is a vintage/retro maybe 1980's (maybe 1970's) Columbia Balloon tire frame, bars, neck, crankset, and seat with Whizzer wheelsets, Whizzer forks, and Whizzer center stand. It's powered by a New Tanaka 40cc PureFire that I've had kicking around for about 8 years, with GEBE drivetrain that I picked up about a year ago... I call it Black Sunshine as that's the song that came on the radio while building it and which inspired me while throwing it together.

Attachments

• ColumbiaGEBE1.jpg
    ColumbiaGEBE1.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 896
  • HPIM0761.JPG
    HPIM0761.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 460
  • HPIM0760.jpg
    HPIM0760.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 437
  • HPIM0763.JPG
    HPIM0763.JPG
    298.9 KB · Views: 472
i have two questions
1 when are you going to paint the motor to match the bike??

2 what is the run time on the lighting system??

Thanks guys! I haven't tested run time on the lighting yet, and actually am going to get a smaller lamp for that housing. It's a 55w T3 off road light from Harbor Freight, I really don't want 55w, I want 35, but the bulb should be easy to replace. The tail lamp is a 3.00 bullet style trailer lamp from Schmucks Auto Parts.
There is no on board charging system- I'll just run it while I can, then recharge at home on the charger. I'll test it this week and see how long it runs (after I get the smaller lamp) giving me a better idea of how long I can roll before losing power. It's a pretty simple and clean set up... Thanks again!
Rif

Hey just wanted to say cool bike. Was wondering how ar you charging the battery? I would love to do the same thing to mine when I get it setup. I hope you post more info on how you wired it up. Did you convert it from 6 volt?
Jim

Jim: I charge my battery on an automotive/motorcycle charger on the 12V/2A setting. It's all 12v. I built the harness from scratch using info from this site. It's very simple. Positive lead to inline fuse (15a) to toggle switch (15a) to headlamp and taillamp. From Negative lead to headlamp and tail lamp, to ground on frame. Flick the toggle to the on position and you're seeing and seen.

Eastwood: I didn't think I lived all that close but in relation to many, I guesss yeah it IS kinda next door. :)

Very cool bike Rif. Great job.
I love it when my bike won't take me home either.

Back