Quick question about the 5322

Felt Faker gas frame search brought this up.
s-l1600.png

Felt Faker gas frame search brought this up.
s-l1600.png
Yes this is the frame I have it on which is aluminum. The engine plate that the 53cc uses is steel/cast iron and clamps to the tubes I don't have a picture right now. But my question is should I put something on the frame where the cast meets the aluminum to keep it from cracking. I've tried searching this in numerous places and I can't get a direct answer.

Yes this is the frame I have it on which is aluminum. The engine plate that the 53cc uses is steel/cast iron and clamps to the tubes I don't have a picture right now. But my question is should I put something on the frame where the cast meets the aluminum to keep it from cracking. I've tried searching this in numerous places and I can't get a direct answer.
Post a pic of your mounting hardware and I'll tell what to do with it.

OK, thanks! The best way to go about this is to find two pieces of tubing the same size as the down tubes on your frame. Are both down tubes the same diameter? Cut them a half inch longer than the height of the mount. Then cut each of the lengths in half, lengthwise. Follow the seam inside if there is one. Put those pieces over your frame before you put the mount on, it may be necessary to hug out the mounting backet's foot to get it to fit over the extra width. That bracket looks too small for the frame as it is now. It may also be necessary to straighten the other side a bit and elongate the hole for it to line up.

Post pictures of the bike you're talking about.
screenshot_20230407-103343-png.190276

OK, thanks! The best way to go about this is to find two pieces of tubing the same size as the down tubes on your frame. Are both down tubes the same diameter? Cut them a half inch longer than the height of the mount. Then cut each of the lengths in half, lengthwise. Follow the seam inside if there is one. Put those pieces over your frame before you put the mount on, it may be necessary to hug out the mounting backet's foot to get it to fit over the extra width. That bracket looks too small for the frame as it is now. It may also be necessary to straighten the other side a bit and elongate the hole for it to line up.
Thank you. The front tube is a lot bigger then the seat stem tube.

Back