Quick question----what is the material and finish on a 2002 Whizzer tail light assembly?

arbys

Local time
4:36 PM
The PO put some chrome tape on the rear tail light assembly. What was the original finish on this?

The PO put some chrome tape on the rear tail light assembly. What was the original finish on this?
It has a chrome finish. The guy probably taped it because the plastic housing cracked.
Whizzer used a cheap plastic Cat's Eye tail light

I replaced my Whizzer Cat's Eye tail light with a chrome aluminum one. The Real Deal (y) The frame housing is aluminum and the red lens is much much better. The lens also has a clear window on the bottom for the license plate light.
Your old light socket can be installed into the new light housing, because the new light socket has bare wires (no plugs)
It can be found on E Bay
Here's a pic, I couldn't get the link
DSCF5648.JPG
DSCF5649.JPG

I'm sorry, I misspoke and wasn't specific enough. I'm talking about the piece that attaches directly to the fender and is between the fender and the tail light housing. It's some type of metal.

I'm sorry, I misspoke and wasn't specific enough. I'm talking about the piece that attaches directly to the fender and is between the fender and the tail light housing. It's some type of metal.

The Whizzer tail light bracket was the same color as the frame or it was chrome - Cruzzer bracket is black
Whizzer Motorbikes ebay store has the chrome ones

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes, that's it.
May I ask what color was the bracket under the tape?
Why was there silver(chrome)tape on the bracket?
Was the guy trying to make the bracket look chrome or was there something else wrong with it?
Ya know, a 🖼️picture says a thousand words.

IMG_2038.JPG
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG
IMG_2034.JPG
The first image is foil tape used for taping seams on heat and a/c ducts. The PO used a shinier tape to cover some oxidation. The plastic was between the fender and the license plate bracket. The third is over spray on the inside of the bracket, I can't figure out how it got there. The 4th and 5th are after I buffed the bracket.
IMG_2033.JPG

Back