Quick Question!

tropics

Local time
11:17 AM
when I pull in my clutch lever, this screw doesn't extend far enough to lift the clutch cover off of the pads. is it too long? solutions?

Attachments

• IMG-7062.JPG
    IMG-7062.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 123
You most likely need to properly adjust the star nut. The other possibility is that the ball is missing from the bucking bar on the chain side of the engine at the clutch lever.

Yes the ball is missing, could I use a small ball berring or does it have to be a certain size?

You most likely need to properly adjust the star nut. The other possibility is that the ball is missing from the bucking bar on the chain side of the engine at the clutch lever.
The ball actually is missing, but even without it, the bucking bar sticks out much too far. also, will a small ball bearing work as a ball?

i believe its a 5/16 bearing for the ball. its supposed to be longer so that there is resistance on the on the cover and clutch arm when you bolt the clutch arm cover back on. then the star nut needs to be properly adjusted.

Somehow, and engine that i recieved, seemed to be stuck also.
Nothing would turn, I couldn't even pull the clutch lever in.
After bouncing the rear end, the wheel just turned like it was supposed to.

Upon tearing everything apart, i noticed there was Rust everywhere in the bucking bar tube where the ball bearing goes.
Digging deeper showed that everything that was steel inside the engine was seized by rust.

Long story short.
Make sure everything is proper before trying to start and ride.

Back