Quick-Release to a Nutted Axle

glad you got that whole mishap sorted out,

living in vegas i have used 3 different bike stores for help with the bike, one of them been an extreme store for the lycra bunch, but i have had nothing but help from all the mechanics, most of them took i ride on my gebe setup and were hooked straight away, i pointed them in the direction of the fourm.

I think because of the price of gas everyone is open to a cheaper mode of transport that they could use on a regular basis and not just for having fun times on.

vegaspaddy, it's a rare encounter to meet good people who are willing to help out a stranger, and even more rare to find a store like the one you went to :) I'm really glad you told them about MBc.

The bike shop close to me were all snobby and they have cruiser bikes yet then further out another bike shop that specialized in high end roadie bikes was way more enthusiastic about my bike.
Go figure.
But the other day the owner of the snobby bike shop told me it wasn't about me and my bike at all but they have had a recent brake in and almost got away with a lot and they almost had to shut down so they weren't very enthusiastic for a while. Then he got all enthusiastic about my bike except that he didn't like that Schwinn went China and we talked about why their bikes are superior and I don't beg to differ at all.
So I think,Mark that you just ran into a total @##$%#@ that believes a real bike rim weighs a half a pound and cost 500 dollars by itself and the very idea of removing the beloved quick release is simply an abomination to the eyes of the roadie lord.

Back