Quick spark plug question

braddenn

Local time
2:12 AM
I have an 80cc that when i go on a lengthy ride it vibrates the spark plug loose can anyone tell me why it's doing that and maybe what ti do t to make it quit thanks

Attachments

• 20190409_215536.jpg
    20190409_215536.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 137
Hello bradden,

I had the same issue and if your on about the spark plug cap/boot, then you can do what I did
-take a little piece of good foil and make it into a little strip the same width as the spark plug screw on the top. Not too much.
-Wrap it tightly around the little screw and make sure its squished in place with your fingers.
-Get some good electric insulation tape and wrap it around the centre (white bit) where the boot will sit.
-Only do it enough so that it gives the boot a tighter fit when installed.
Now slide it on carefuly and hopefully you end up with a tight fitting boot and a better contact patch between the metal fittings which in turn contribute to continuity.

Make sure that the clip ''pops'' into place when putting it back on.

This is what I did and it works wonders so far.

*Edit* Sorry OP I thought thats what you were describing but anyway what I said works wonders for me :)

Storm

Last edited:
I think eventually it will take a "set". finger tighten it, then no more than like 1/4 turn with a socket. are you using the stock Z4C? most ppl go to an NGK plug which has a built in washer which besides sealing, also helps keep tension on the threads

I think eventually it will take a "set". finger tighten it, then no more than like 1/4 turn with a socket. are you using the stock Z4C? most ppl go to an NGK plug which has a built in washer which besides sealing, also helps keep tension on the threads

The plug that im running on says GNT

Back