Quiet expansion chamber

Expansion chambers are pressure wave reflectors and do little to lower the noise output of a two stroke, the quite comes from the muffler attached after the expansion chamber so find a expansion chamber you like and fit a good quite muffler. Mufflers can be found in dirt bike listings look for 50cc, 60cc+ 80cc dirt bikes.

I've seen quite a few that come with them, just wondering if they are quiet. I don't want to be heard a block away, and load isn't good for all of us...don't want them to outlaw motored bikes. Thanks for the reply

Most arn't as quite as they could be, quite doesn't seem popular these days in motor sports, that is why I mentioned looking under small displacement dirt bikes there are a few manufactures who produce quite mufflers.

I want the same thing, low noise, low note, stealth looks, parallel with the downtube.
Unfortunately the expansion pipes offered are generally not routed down under the downtube, not a universal fit, too short for the RPM range of a stealthy street bike, etc, etc..
The mufflers with baffles can be more effective than the absorption type, I believe, but will add to the back pressure. So if you are making your own expansion pipe then the type of muffler might affect your choice of stinger diameter, perhaps?

I made a muffler from 2 aluminum water bottles, a piece of 7/8" aluminum tube with holes drilled in it, some stainless scrubby pads and jb weld. Mounted it on a Zeda chamber (not the mz65) and it was quieter than the stock pipe. It did lose some top end but much . I'll try to get some pictures later. The bike is torn down so no video.

Never posted the picture. It's pretty simple really. The curved tip is part of an old set of handle bars. First pic is the packing I got from the dollar store.

Back