Quit hiding "illegality" behind fanboyism

• Thread starter SchwinnAlloySeven_GT5
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought my engine -- I didn't know much in regards to these modern MBS -- so being in Calif (known to be strick) I asked of the dealer a few questions -- I was good to go -- most of us know what's going on in our state and country.. Seen these things happening on other sites -- many leaving -- some just getting thrown off -- possible trouble makes - woooo --- then later most wished they had never left !! That old site was never the same.. Maybe -- take what we like here -- threads -- and let the rest go --- leaves more time for riding !! Happy Riding from - Mountainman

No disrespect to the admins, but you guys are definitely getting to be borderline fascist with that stuff. I understand to a point, considering some of the posting trash that has blown through here ("BJ"), but you guys are a bit out of hand. Too many, too trigger-happy, out of line with some edits IMHO.

I agree with ratroder here. This is why I have not posted much since my first MB.

I own a EPA legal four stroke. I plan on buying a happy time very soon! They run like
a stepped on cat and need maintence like a woman. Who could complain about that!
The carbon footprint of a happy time (over a year) is one tenth of what Al Gores bathroom produces in one minute. Plus the peformance of a 2stroke is awsome!!
I think the whole EPA thing is out of place for MBrs. Whatever you ride you are
doing less damage then 99.99% of the general population with their mode of transportation. MBs rule, Cars suck.

The EPA says the Escalade is OK but the Happytime is bad. \

I just can't buy that. If you do, I have a bridge for sale. pm me.

I love all you guys so take this with a large grain of salt.

A

GO Happy Time :)

im so sorry i ever brought up the topic of compliance! i was just trying to look to the future of motoredbikes & what may happen in the future. i know our happytimes leave a small footprint compared to an escalade, yes i own one on my 1952 jc higgins, it fits the bike so well & ive thought of purchaseing another as back up. but al gore & the ecoligists arent gonna let that fly for to much longer, i could be wrong! i so wish china whould listen to the rest of the world & look in the right direction also. or an american company whould build a far superior happy time. but then it whouldnt be cheap anymore as entry level to motoredbikes, whats a guy to do? save your pennys & spend wisely motored bikers!! the things we do here can truly make a difference! i will no longer state my preferences based on miles on engines as not to offend anybody tom!! god bless america!!!

I was disappointed to see several of my posts deleted. My posts were neither off-topic, OR hostile. I questioned some of the motives of certain actions. Based on my deleted posts, I'm questioning them even more. It's sad - the censorship is really overboard here and if it continues it WILL drive a large portion of the community away. Just like when this happens at a company - the good and valuable people will leave first.

Warner

PS - For the record, I'm probably one the people who was thought of as an "elitist" because I have a Staton kit and don't care for the Chinese products. I have been rather vocal in my opinions at times. But I don't believe that my opinion on this should mean that nobody else's is less important, relevant, or valuable though.

"elitist" and motored-bikes is an oxymoron.
we are the few, on the real side. 2008, All of us.

A

Last edited:
For the record, I'm probably one the people who was thought of as an "elitist" because I have a Staton kit and don't care for the Chinese products. I have been rather vocal in my opinions at times. But I don't believe that my opinion on this should mean that nobody else's is less important, relevant, or valuable though.

I know Warner. Everyone thinks I'm against 2 strokes. heck, I ride one everyday. Love it. Plus I do have the Robin but would rather ride the 2 stroke. And they're calling me one of the elitists too.

I know Warner. Everyone thinks I'm against 2 strokes. heck, I ride one everyday. Love it. Plus I do have the Robin but would rather ride the 2 stroke. And they're calling me one of the elitists too.

My Staton kit uses a 2 stroke as well. It happens to be EPA approved....even in California. I didn't buy it because of that, though. It just seemed like the best option for my application. Or my PLANNED application anyway...haven't used it for my 20 mile (each way) commute yet....still ironing out issues (that are associated more with my cammo job than anything else!)

Warner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back