R.i.p 2000-2021 Golden Eagle Bike Engines (GEBE)

Local time
8:17 AM
Phone went from ringing to just off. No return calls. Removed their 20 year old VM greeting.

Out of stock parts

Now the website is gone.

RIP 2000-2021 Golden Eagle Bike Engines.

Anyone know where i can get a replacement GEBE clutch drum ? The newer one, black with the clutch drum mounted inside for the bigger 41cc engines and up? Thats all i need to get back online, otherwise?

I may go for a Staton friction drive. Thoughts?

Rotary foot rests. Perfect!
I don't think the police would buy it. Best not to use that phrase. Pedaling my gusts out would be better.

Rotary foot rests. Perfect!
I don't think the police would buy it. Best not to use that phrase. Pedaling my gusts out would be better.
They don't bother with me. I'm just an old guy on a bike. I wear a helmet & yellow vest, have
a mirror & my headlight on. !5 mph is my usual speed, sometimes I hit 20 downhill. They don't
care unless you ride like a jerk.

Yeah 15 - 20 mph is pretty much bicycle speed limit, Wearing a helmet and a yellow vest the Cops better not bother you

It's when guys don't obey any traffic rules, running stop lights / stop signs, riding fast thru traffic, riding on the sidewalk, not wearing a helmet etc... is what attracts the Cops attention

Clutch drums should come in just 2 sizes for our use, vendors catering to MABs. 54mm and 76mm, the shaft is the difference. Staton sells only the clutch drum. Some of our cheaper MAB vendors sell just the clutch drum/shaft for the chinese kits. Just make sure it fits and is the right shaft length and diameter. GEBE was a good kit, shame they closed up.
Julia & her husband have died childless & intestate. She went for broke with a really good ad campaign
that just didn't pan out. Someone bought up all the left over stock that went quickly after production ended.
You can still find most things, but t don't know about the belt sheave for the wheel. Before my G.E.B.E.
kits I built several built belt drives that worked, but nothing as practical. I've made a couple of minor
modifications to suit personal needs. My engines are a little too powerful for G.E.B.E. per se.

Yeah 15 - 20 mph is pretty much bicycle speed limit, Wearing a helmet and a yellow vest the Cops better not bother you

It's when guys don't obey any traffic rules, running stop lights / stop signs, riding fast thru traffic, riding on the sidewalk, not wearing a helmet etc... is what attracts the Cops attention
Yeah, I don't care for the uniform, but helmet, vest, etc, goes a long way toward looking legal. Head light on is a must to
be legal motored most places. The helmet has saved my life. As much as I hate it, consider it essential gear. I meet
federal guidelines except I run a no smoke 2 stroke technically only legal off road. It's C.A.R.B. certified cleaner
than a lot of 4 strokes. I've never been hassled. My engines were expensive, but you don't get a 7 yr. warranty
with a Chinese chain drive, Mine are no longer available fur love nor money.

I broke 2 or 3 belts on a gebe with just a 35cc and its even worse with a 49cc 2 stroke. It would keep skipping and shredding the thin belts. A solid mount rack gearbox with chain drive is better since there is no significant tire wear. Staton chain drive is over $500 and its heavy. I reccomend a 5:1 gearbox with a custom bracket and chain drive also a good tensioner. I have one of the 5:1 gearboxes and might build something with it
GEBE is okay as long as one's frugal with the throttle. I've had both honda & sooby 35ccs that didn't last. My 39.8cc
Tanakas came with a 7 yr, warranty, precision engineered from a race prototype with fewer parts to fail. They'd rip
a belt to shreds if I hadn't used a larger 16T for better grip. I also needed to back cut the stays at the axle notch 1/16"
so as not to over tension the belt. Those engines are capable of 4000 more rpm than a 4 stroke. but I have governed
them down to 9,000 rpm.