R.i.p 2000-2021 Golden Eagle Bike Engines (GEBE)

Local time
10:57 AM
Phone went from ringing to just off. No return calls. Removed their 20 year old VM greeting.

Out of stock parts

Now the website is gone.

RIP 2000-2021 Golden Eagle Bike Engines.

Anyone know where i can get a replacement GEBE clutch drum ? The newer one, black with the clutch drum mounted inside for the bigger 41cc engines and up? Thats all i need to get back online, otherwise?

I may go for a Staton friction drive. Thoughts?

Clutch drums should come in just 2 sizes for our use, vendors catering to MABs. 54mm and 76mm, the shaft is the difference. Staton sells only the clutch drum. Some of our cheaper MAB vendors sell just the clutch drum/shaft for the chinese kits. Just make sure it fits and is the right shaft length and diameter. GEBE was a good kit, shame they closed up.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I remember the elderly couple who I assumed started Golden Eagle Bike Engines. Dennis was the name of the gentleman. I forgot his wife's name. I like them. They were good to me. GEBE is an excellent kit. It would run 23 or 25 mph. I would spend 5 hours on a bike ride and routinely travel 70 miles with peace of mind because the tanaka pf4000 kit was so reliable and lite weight. The clutch drum, you will have to find an appropriate shaft and have that welded or brazed to a clutch bell. Maybe those pocket bike websites have parts for that or have a machine shop make the shaft. What happened to your clutch drum?

Hmm that's no good, I've marked the GEBE reviews thread as "No Longer In Business" until someone hears something from them.

Hello All,

Now that GEBE has closed ( sad to hear that ) where can I purchase extra belts or gears ?

Does anyone know where to purchase new belts and gears for the Tanaka pure fire motor bike kit ?

From what I recall you can buy aftermarket clutch bells-shaft and aluminum housings for Honda GX35's on Amazon. You're going to have to come up with some way to interface the Honda spec clutch shell with the little GEBE spec Gates belt pinions.

Frankly I had reservations about the GEBE's when I was looking into powering my green bike, GEBE's present clutch housings were plastic, and I had an old plastic housing from a used Gebe drive that was thrashed. I wanted an aluminum bell housing.

The wheel sheaves have issues if you're using 14 gauge spokes. Also will not work well with high flange and internal gearhubs.

Also their "racks" are just mild steel strapping and quite malleable, and a lot of times new owners have their belts shredded in less than 100 miles because the technique for fettling the belt alignment is less than ideal. Then there's a little steel strap to the seat stay bridge that has had ( in the past..) a tendency to break, causing the engine to swing backwards and pull the throttle on full. That's some pretty damning quality control issues, and it's all chronicled in this forum in the rack mount sub-forum.

There were lots of users who had issues with their kit, problems that should have been dealt with early on. I've ridden a really nicely maintained GEBE drive, it's magical and whisper quiet with a little 4 stroke, but the amount of maintenance and futzing about just drove me to making my own drive.

Why not just a decent 2 stage chain reduction? Use one of Bikeberry's 49 cc freewheeling chain drives. and a regular 410 chain sprocket on the back? that's a 75mm drum and chain reduction paired with a 10 to 44tooth sproket set for the rear wheel that's about 22:1 ratio. That's perfect for a 32 cc 2 stroke or Honda GX 4 stroke.

From what I recall you can buy aftermarket clutch bells-shaft and aluminum housings for Honda GX35's on Amazon. You're going to have to come up with some way to interface the Honda spec clutch shell with the little GEBE spec Gates belt pinions.

Frankly I had reservations about the GEBE's when I was looking into powering my green bike, GEBE's present clutch housings were plastic, and I had an old plastic housing from a used Gebe drive that was thrashed. I wanted an aluminum bell housing.

The wheel sheaves have issues if you're using 14 gauge spokes. Also will not work well with high flange and internal gearhubs.

Also their "racks" are just mild steel strapping and quite malleable, and a lot of times new owners have their belts shredded in less than 100 miles because the technique for fettling the belt alignment is less than ideal. Then there's a little steel strap to the seat stay bridge that has had ( in the past..) a tendency to break, causing the engine to swing backwards and pull the throttle on full. That's some pretty damning quality control issues, and it's all chronicled in this forum in the rack mount sub-forum.

There were lots of users who had issues with their kit, problems that should have been dealt with early on. I've ridden a really nicely maintained GEBE drive, it's magical and whisper quiet with a little 4 stroke, but the amount of maintenance and futzing about just drove me to making my own drive.

Why not just a decent 2 stage chain reduction? Use one of Bikeberry's 49 cc freewheeling chain drives. and a regular 410 chain sprocket on the back? that's a 75mm drum and chain reduction paired with a 10 to 44tooth sproket set for the rear wheel that's about 22:1 ratio. That's perfect for a 32 cc 2 stroke or Honda GX 4 stroke.
Could you elaborate more on how to do that? I also need to replace my GEBE and I like your idea

Really sad to hear this. Is there or could there be a fb group for owner/ users and enthusiasts. Does someone want to take the baton for GEBE?

Really sad to hear this. Is there or could there be a fb group for owner/ users and enthusiasts. Does someone want to take the baton for GEBE?
Why would anyone want to take their baton, there's just so many problems and issues with these drives. I see a complete redesign to make it worth purchasing at their last price points. Frankly, the little Stanton friction drives are a better investment, and they still need some work.

Back