R.p.m.

Joel beller

Local time
10:08 PM
Stupid question when you're hauling butt and then you hold in the clutch to disengage it. is it good that the motor drops in RPMs really fast.. I have the new zeta 80 she hauls ass. Barely uses gas.. oh Damien..

Stupid question when you're hauling butt and then you hold in the clutch to disengage it. is it good that the motor drops in RPMs really fast.. I have the new zeta 80 she hauls ass. Barely uses gas.. oh Damien..
Its Not a stupid question Joel...It sounds more like,

"im so happy, happy, joy, joy, My bike is really running well and im not walking 5 miles to work and 5 miles back again, and this Zeda 80 is running so good it is very scarey to me"

Does that sound about right???...lol...DAMIEN

Its Not a stupid question Joel...It sounds more like,

"im so happy, happy, joy, joy, My bike is really running well and im not walking 5 miles to work and 5 miles back again, and this Zeda 80 is running so good it is very scarey to me"

Does that sound about right???...lol...DAMIEN
You hit it right on the money. I'm just used to buying piles of crap that don't work so well and now I finally found a good one.

You hit it right on the money. I'm just used to buying piles of crap that don't work so well and now I finally found a good one.
Just be sure to regularly check for loose screws, bolts, head bolts etc., and keep things tight...Doing that will help to avoid future annoyances that could have been prevented...And if any strange stuff happening like a new vibration, new and strange noises etc., tell us...we may have already, "been there, done that", already...DAMIEN

Good question.
All engines love the relief.

What’s extremely bad is giving full throttle from idle, while going downhill at speed.

My friend destroyed his clutch bell and its connection doing that.

You could actually blow up your engine doing that.

It’s like shifting to first gear while going 60mph on the freeway and stomping on the gas.

Barely uses gas
Hi Joel,

These engines always seem to say in the advertisements, that they will give you 150 MPG...lol.

Dont believe that crap for a minute...realistically speaking, once you count the weight of the finished bike, anywhere from 60 to 80 pounds, depending on how you dress it out, and how much you weight, your going to really get anywhere from 90 to 100 miles per gallon like i do.

And thats because we all tend to just "let her rip"...lol.

Do you remember how many miles per gallon you were getting on the "junkers you had???...Enjoy the ride and the gas mileage your getting from a good kit...DAMIEN

Ps...Wheres the pictures???, I wanna see it...lol.

Last edited:
Hi Joel,

These engines always seem to say in the advertisements, that they will give you 150 MPH...lol.

Dont believe that crap for a minute...realistically speaking, once you count the weight of the finished bike, anywhere from 60 to 80 pounds, depending on how you dress it out, and how much you weight, your going to really get anywhere from 90 to 100 miles per gallon like i do.

And thats because we all tend to just "let her rip"...lol.

Do you remember how many miles per gallon you were getting on the "junkers you had???...Enjoy the ride and the gas mileage your getting from a good kit...DAMIEN

Ps...Wheres the pictures???, I wanna see it...lol.
You can easily get 150 mpg out of one of these, just remember that the mileage is based on a properly running STOCK engine being run on a flat with no stop and go (ideal conditions) then 150 is a piece of cake! I'm running a 24mm carb jetted with a 115 main jet and 45 power jet and my tank only holds 1.7 liter's which is less than a half gallon and can travel 65 miles on that then start looking for gas station.

You can easily get 150 mpg out of one of these, just remember that the mileage is based on a properly running STOCK engine being run on a flat with no stop and go (ideal conditions) then 150 is a piece of cake! I'm running a 24mm carb jetted with a 115 main jet and 45 power jet and my tank only holds 1.7 liter's which is less than a half gallon and can travel 65 miles on that then start looking for gas station.
Hi Street Ryderz,

I should have been plainer about what i said.

My bike is 80 pounds with my additions to it, and then we add my "Lard Butt" upon its seat and that adds another 215 pounds...lol...im just amazed i dont hear it talking to me saying, "get off me you fat f%&*"...lol...so in my case...90 to 100 Miles Per Gallon, along with the fact that i really can achieve 50 MPH if i wanted to...but will not since i really like living and breathing...lol...i find, it is quite ok...If you really think i might better that gas mileage, at least in my case, im all ears but might need a 'step by step' as to how to do it, especially since im riding a wide range of altitudes from 4500 ft to 9000 ft above sea level...thank you...DAMIEN

Ps...Plug is burning great...nice chocolate brown, so far...lol. (NGK-B6HS) 32:1, (4 ounces per gallon), using Amsoil Dominator Full Synthetic 2 cycle oil.
And also Amsoil Dominator Octane Boost, (1 ounce per gallon). Ethanol Free gasoline in use but can only get it in 87 octane, hence the reason i use the Octane Boost.

DSCN0177.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Street Ryderz,

I should have been plainer about what i said.

My bike is 80 pounds with my additions to it, and then we add my "Lard Butt" upon its seat and that adds another 215 pounds...lol...im just amazed i dont hear it talking to me saying, "get off me you fat f%&*"...lol...so in my case...90 to 100 Miles Per Gallon, along with the fact that i really can achieve 50 MPH if i wanted to...but will not since i really like living and breathing...lol...i find, it is quite ok...If you really think i might better that gas mileage, at least in my case, im all ears but might need a 'step by step' as to how to do it, especially since im riding a wide range of altitudes from 4500 ft to 9000 ft above sea level...thank you...DAMIEN

Ps...Plug is burning great...nice chocolate brown, so far...lol. (NGK-B6HS) 32:1, (4 ounces per gallon), using Amsoil Dominator Full Synthetic 2 cycle oil.
And also Amsoil Dominator Octane Boost, (1 ounce per gallon). Ethanol Free gasoline in use but can only get it in 87 octane, hence the reason i use the Octane Boost.

View attachment 100818
Plug looks good and if modded and in normal riding not the ideal conditions 100 per gallon is pretty good,if I'm riding in heavy traffic with alot of stop and go then the mileage suffers some and when trying to go all out off every stop it then cut's in half,so i was just pointing out that their claims are achievable in the right conditions which for many of us may not be all that realistic unless you travel long distance on open roads with little to no traffic or stops then it is doable.I love riding two or three city's away and do it alot 60-100 miles one way but then I've had alot of years on this setup and trust it to carry me back and forth without issue,you could say I got almost all the kinks out and the only thing that will ruin my day would be me holding wot too long,my last and ongoing issue is fuel supply it won't feed the bowl faster than it's consumed so it goes lean and my #45 power jet that a need to support the pipe isn't helping LOL but she pulls hard for what it is and my top speed to date is 73 at just over 10k.

Back