Rack mount - security question

Too soon old and too late smart.
We've had 3 bikes stolen from out front of our business which is on a busy Main St.; 2 were ours, one a customers.
My son stopped by one day long enough to say Hi and grab a cold drink, literally 5 minutes, left his bike unlocked in the rack in front. Gone.
The customer lost a good bike, lock chain cut clean.
My wife had her bike in the company van parked directly in front, yep locked...except for the rear doors.
Opportunists thieves have that sixth sense.

They are among us no doubt fueled by the Godless welfare society liberalism has bestowed upon our nation.

There I go again, a little misguided man with a sense of empowerment, enhanced by argumentative trolling while taking and giving little back.

I truly apologize.

Well, if the shoe fits.....LOL

Since the comments cross-posted were mine I'm tempted to respond by saying no need to apologize since they were not directed your way, in fact IMO you've added much value to the info here, but it's a temptation I'll relent since I know the reply was said tounge-in-cheek.

Too soon old and too late smart.
We've had 3 bikes stolen from out front of our business which is on a busy Main St.; 2 were ours, one a customers.
My son stopped by one day long enough to say Hi and grab a cold drink, literally 5 minutes, left his bike unlocked in the rack in front. Gone.
The customer lost a good bike, lock chain cut clean.
My wife had her bike in the company van parked directly in front, yep locked...except for the rear doors.
Opportunists thieves have that sixth sense.

I,m just happy to be here.
I don't like to leave my bike anywhere I can,t see it, locked though it will be. Couple of weeks ago, lost my muffler in the middle of a busy thoroughfare at 5:45 AM. Parked the bike quickly and ran a block back to retrieve it. I watched the bike intently, knowing if someone grabbed it, I could "reach out and touch them" if necessary. Thank God it didn't come to that.

locking your bike

well i just snapped a few photos of the bike and i laughed at how i have to lock it.and i cover it with three tarpaulins,there very noisey.i think you would need a tree faller and a couple of 6 ft bolt cutters flashlight couple of people to help also.plus a guy coming outside with a 3 cell maglight.:eek:,btw lots of upgrades to this ride all led lights now.after 118 hrs run time on battery it went from 13.9 to 12.0 in 2 weeks not bad.and my lighting is very bright.

Attachments

• 123 003.jpg
    123 003.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 123 004.jpg
    123 004.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 203
  • 123 006.jpg
    123 006.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 123 007.jpg
    123 007.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 123 008.jpg
    123 008.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 123 013.jpg
    123 013.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 123 012.jpg
    123 012.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 123 011.jpg
    123 011.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 197
Depends where you are leaving it and for how long. There really is now way to stop somebody from taking parts off the bike if left out overnight.

They are among us no doubt fueled by the Godless welfare society liberalism has bestowed upon our nation.

There I go again, a little misguided man with a sense of empowerment, enhanced by argumentative trolling while taking and giving little back.

I truly apologize.

---There are bike thieving dirtbags of all stripes and classes roaming around.

on your rack mount

where the bolts attach through -- spot weld at the end of bolt threads
just a tack at the end of each bolt
if ever needed to remove -- you can cut the end of the bolts off -- fairly easy
tack weld on ends still leaves room to move and adjust bolts (rack)

I also want to keep my motor -- makes it best when I wish to

RIDE THAT THING Mountainman

on your rack mount

where the bolts attach through -- spot weld at the end of bolt threads
just a tack at the end of each bolt
if ever needed to remove -- you can cut the end of the bolts off -- fairly easy
tack weld on ends still leaves room to move and adjust bolts (rack)

I also want to keep my motor -- makes it best when I wish to

RIDE THAT THING Mountainman

A true and creative idea. But some dirtbags out there will vandalize a thing in frustration over not be able to steal it.

Back