Rad Power Fat Tire E bikes

Wrench

Local time
2:02 AM
Was riding through the SOCAL Desert
I pulled over and stopped these guys to look at their Rad Bikes.
They told me they had extra batteries but didn't have them with them today.
They Love to ride in the Desert. They were very happy with their 750W Rad E Bikes
DSCF3115.JPG
DSCF3116.JPG
DSCF3117.JPG

The desert is a great place for fat tire e-bikes. They soften the rocks and keep you afloat in the sand.
I lived in the Phoenix area for 15 years and it was mountain bike heaven, to me.

I'll be looking into the S75 this summer

S75 Complete Conversion Kit 750W (Non-Street Legal) | EbikeBC | Canada's Best EBike and Conversion Kit Store https://ebikebc.com/product/s75-complete-conversion-kit-750w/

Want to try a beefy off road gear hub for farm operations and along the Rocky mountain range...
I will do my own human power pedal assist... Ha...

Let's Ride

Jt

try looking at the Bafang BBSHD mid drive instead of a gear hub from Luna Cycles. i like them far better than hub motors and this brand has really nice displays.

on the general topic. so, ive had my fat tire mongoose ebike for about 1/2 a season now. and, its great looking and for the corners. i feel so safe going fast. the only issue is that the tires are really not efficient at all. ebike and EVs are all about efficiency. on my road bike, im doing 100-150W to do 15mph and on my fat tire bike its about 400-600W to do the same. i pump my tires to max psi and they are semi knobbies. especially if you are just going for road mostly i would go for a commuter style bike.

try looking at the Bafang BBSHD mid drive instead of a gear hub from Luna Cycles. i like them far better than hub motors and this brand has really nice displays.

on the general topic. so, ive had my fat tire mongoose ebike for about 1/2 a season now. and, its great looking and for the corners. i feel so safe going fast. the only issue is that the tires are really not efficient at all. ebike and EVs are all about efficiency. on my road bike, im doing 100-150W to do 15mph and on my fat tire bike its about 400-600W to do the same. i pump my tires to max psi and they are semi knobbies. especially if you are just going for road mostly i would go for a commuter style bike.
Ya have the 3" or 4" tires?

I am running the 29'er on front and the 26'er on back.
The front is a Fast Trak Grid 29 x 2.5 (2.6)

the back is only 26 x 2.0 hardrock'r flak jacket tire. Been considering going with something wider for the rear tire but
been pretty satisfied with the ebike so far.

Pretty much have too do the wheel hub, my friend wants to join in on our rides but he has a mobility issue...

It benifits him,,, us at the farm,,, oil patch stuff,,, get too leave the factory crank set alone... can switch rear wheel back too factory for my mountain bike ski hill runs,,, and lots of other benifits... 🤣👍

Yes,,, the crank set assistance would be nice,,, but it wont work for my life long friend...

Ill order 2 battery packs too

Jt

^^^ Wow,,, that's a awesome locking ride...

Im sure I can fit a rear wheel hub into my MB...
20201225_124526.jpg

Got room for a 2.45 x 26" floater tire on the back...

This has been my main bike for 12+ years,,, i need to get it up too speed,,, use it more...

A hub drive will allow my friend too join in with use on the rides...

Jt

Oh yeah looks good man!
I've been wondering about rear suspension since i have none :D

If yur goin non street legal the go above the 750w i'd think mate.

Ride Safe & Merry Christmas to ya mate! :)

HP

Back