Raising compression

Whitewill1412

Local time
7:00 AM
I'm curious as to how much compression these 66cc China girls can handle. I understand that they come stock with just 6:1 compression. I've read of people using a pop can to make a head gasket. How much would this raise compression? Would there be problems like the piston hitting the plug? Also if you sand smooth the head and jug surface, that could also raise compression. How much compression would be too much for these engines to handle? I've also read of people using no head gasket. Wouldn't that cause problems? I'm thinking more compression=more power, but I wouldn't want to break anything.

Sure a soda can gasket will make your compression higher. Better than no gasket :LOL:
Don't use a soda can unless your broke and that's all ya got.

Yes sanding the head to set the squish will raise your compression

When people use no head gasket their using a piece of teflon tape There's a technique
Basically take a bunch of strands of tape and twist then together to make a teflon string /cord and lay the teflon cord on the sealing surface It's done in combination with setting the squish.

You can buy aluminum or copper head gaskets IMO Copper is better

BTW turn the engine over by hand to make sure the piston isn't hitting the S/P
S/P can be shimmed out by using a S/P indexing washer

Compression can be as high as 160 psi and some have gone to 175 psi and they say the engine is OK

I'm gonna bow out now as 2 stroke squish, and compression is not my wheel house
I'm a 4 stroke Whizzer Guy

Hopefully a 2 stroke master member will chime in and answer any more questions ya have about 2 stroke compression
Thanks

Back