Rake 40/45/52?

graucho

Local time
6:46 AM
Im no stranger to handling a ride with a long rake so this is more of a visual
question. Im curious of peoples opinions of the rake on a big tire frame.

Top speed will only be 30mph or less since Im thinking of mounting a 40cc Tanaka 2-Stroke
GEBE belt drive. Ill figure a way to attach the ring to a 17" low profile rim/tire. (15" high profile shown)
I would offset the engine to the left and counter weight it (side by side) with a battery to the
right for lights. The bike will peddal through a jackshaft/freewheel to a minichopper sprocket
on the right side.

Anyways, which rake catches your attention?

Attachments

• grauchorake_test.jpg
    grauchorake_test.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Man..... with that EXTREME rear tire, my vote is extreme 52 degree rake.

Question.... How are you going to STOP that big tire, once you get it rolling? Hydraulic disc?

Man..... with that EXTREME rear tire, my vote is extreme 52 degree rake.

Question.... How are you going to STOP that big tire, once you get it rolling? Hydraulic disc?

Perfect guess dave. Also im sure im going to get pulled over just from the looks
of the thing. I need enough umph to get it cruising but keep it legal so I can laugh
when im driving away ticket free. Im not locked in stone on the engine or drive train.
I only thought belt drive cuz its never been done like this yet.

My guess Graucho would be to stay at 40 and 45 at the outside. 52 seems a little exreme for stability/turnability. In general I like the style you use....oldskool angles with the fat look. Good workand good luck.

I'm personally not a huge fan of that style of bike myself but to each his own whatever makes you happy and gives you the look you want then go for it. Tough choice asking what other think you can get a hundred different answers. I like more of a classic springer look myself

Personally I like the 40 but the 45 probably looks the most natural for the frame your going with.

Back