Raleigh Boulevard Cruiser w/Honda GXH 50cc

Uheruser

Local time
8:14 PM
Hi, RSA here in rural Missouri. Have just scratch built one-speed boulevard cruiser powered by Honda 50cc 4-stroke, single belt drive using Whizzer rear sheave, manual clutch. Runs fine, just need sunshine. Would like to post pic(s). First time posting thread.

Good day to you. I'm not quite sure yet how to post a photo, or whether I can post more than one. I'll wade in gradually. In answer to your question, I got most parts right here in my garage. I had to buy the engine (Internet), Whizzer rear sheave (NOS, eBay), and miscellaneous parts -- pulleys, belts, etc from suppliers in Springfield. I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 522
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 428
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,393
nice looking -- like them simple -- motor bike
that Honda will take you for many miles
I like the looks of your tank
it looks like -- just a plastic tank

I find the HT tanks to look phony -- little boy chopper look

Thanks, Mountain Man. Beauty follows function. Plus, this tank works well with this engine because it was designed for it. Only modification was to sleeve ID of two fuel lines with copper tubing to make a longer line.

wow

stunning build!!i really like the motor mounts.excellent work.are you able to find pulleys for the front?:cool:

top speed, front pulley

I'm guessing top speed is around 30 plus, because I have to slow it down in town when there's a 25 mph speed limit sign.
The front pulley is as small as they make them for a 5/8 inch shaft, 1.5 inches in diameter. It is well geared, if not a little tall. I have to assist up any significant grade, but I don't mind. No pain, no gain.

Back