Ram air does indeed effect pressure inside the case and contributes to top speed.

Found this at, Motocross Action, good read!
9h11h4t1p0o7s0lhhdg ·
It is a common fallacy to think that YZ450F airbox scoops offer “ram air” effect. Nothing could be further from the truth. Forced air induction does not happen at motocross speeds
MXA TEAM TESTED: 3DP MOTO YZ450F/YZ250F INTAKE SCOOP
MOTOCROSSACTIONMAG.COM
MXA TEAM TESTED: 3DP MOTO YZ450F/YZ250F INTAKE SCOOP

I'll just leave this here, by the way real engineer's with multi million dollar budgets and dyno's that the industry standards are set by proved this long ago! For all those willing to learn look up how a 2 stroke works and it's cycles, the intake is not constant it's a pulse and it stops for a moment after it enters the case then has to be pumped up the transfers on the down stroke, while the fresh charge sits suspended in the case there is no direct path of the intake to aid in over filling the cylinder it relies on the pumping pressure created by the down stroke and the timing ( mechanical) which is after the intake period which is also timed.
This topic has been covered here many times also, and again by some actual engineer's whom know what they are talking about.

hence the reason why a 2stroke detroit requires a blower to run, and why a non turbo detroit is NA

Any given guy can take his carb apart to check things out before he tries something new, that little speck of crud that was holding the float needle open gets knocked out and now the carb runs a little leaner and the bike doesn't bog out at WOT. Well, the new change worked great, look how fast I'm going now!

I used a ram on my bike. And it does work. I threw my bike in the back of my Ram, and it went 75 mph. Proof a Ram will make your bike go faster. I even emptied the tank, it wasn't evening running the Ram worked so well. Hell it even worked with a flat tire.
I did the same exact thing on Wednesday except I didn't use the Ram. I used a Powerstroke. Same exact results too.

I made a 70 mile trip in an hour and fifteen minutes with bathroom breaks and traffic.

And that didn't include the bathroom breaks while you were here either...lol.
Man... these things get me. I have an assortment of flavors for 16oz waters that contain caffeine. Two of the flavors, also contain electrolytes. When I left to go to your place, I grabbed the one with electrolytes and knew I was gonna regret it.

But if any of you are addicted to caffeine and sweet drinks, these guys rock. Get the kind without electrolytes though. 120mg caffeine per serving and only $1.90 a box at Walmart. (They were $1.48 per box this time last year. They didn't get any better, my dollar just lost value)

Back